Thread: HP Tuners "UNLOCK" Required On 2019 Chevy Silverado?

HP Tuners "UNLOCK" Required On 2019 Chevy Silverado?

Had a customer call me about tuning the TCC Lock up operation of his transmission. 2019 Chevrolet Silverado with the 10 speed automatic. He came in to the shop, I plugged in HPT and began reading. It read the PCM just fine, but when it went to read the TCM side it errored out with a message that I have to get in touch with HP Tuners for assistance with unlocking.... WTF? Fun times ahead! I told the customer that I can't get into the TCM AT ALL so I can't help him... He left..

Now 30 minutes later he is calling me telling me that the CEL is on and he stopped to get it scanned and there are almost 20 different codes all related to the transmission. I'm unsure what happened as I never attempted to WRITE anything as I was not able to READ the TCM... Now, of course, the customer believes that I screwed up his programming/TCM-whatever. He said the funny thing is that the truck is still running, driving, and shifting.. Just set pages of codes for the transmission.

How do I get in touch with HPT to see if they can give me this magic "unlock" process, or code.... ?

Can anyone help? Am i about to have to swallow a metric S ton of expense repairing a vehicle on which all that was attempted was a READ of the TCM?

Advanced Tuner
    I've seen this. Pull the battery for about 5 min. It will fix the TCM issue.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A