Thread: Idle hang when coming to a stop

Idle hang when coming to a stop

On my 2014 GT500 with mods. I am having an issue when I come to a stop it hangs the idle with the clutch pushed in for like 20 seconds at 1500 then to like 1200 and then drops to idle. I grabbed a log of it. Would anyone have any thoughts as to why or what I could adjust?

Thanks

Marty
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyone have any suggestions or places to check or look?

Advanced Tuner
    It just randomly started happening or did you change mods or the tune?

I don't remember it happening at the end of last year that was the last time the tune was changed. Over the winter I did go to a triple pump system from a dual pump system. I also found the supercharger bolts has loosed up after I swapped the belt the belt this spring. So I don't believe so but that is a good thought that I could try and go back to the tune before this and just check to see if it stays or not. When I was on a cruise this weekend I notice that as long as the car seems to be moving it stays around 1500 and then when you come to a full stop it will drop over about 8 seconds from 1500 to about 1200 then to about 1000 then down to idle.

I went back to the previous tune. The hang is a little better. Doesn't hang as long and lower at about 1200. The throttle is a little more touchy in this on. I did a compare. Several things were changed. I took screen shots of the compare. Any thoughts on what to check. I am thinking maybe the throttle angle but not sure.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting I was putting some of the changes back one at a time. The one that seem to work if I take it out is the spark borderline modifier blew desired RPM vs ECT vs RPM error. Seem to help it is coming down to about 1200. But with that one not in but if I but it seem like if I put any of the other changes in I get the issue to varying degrees. Some of them it comes right back others seem to make it happen when coming to a stop from higher speeds but doesn't at lower speeds. So it doesn't seem to be just the spark borderline modifier one. It seem to be a combo or a different setting that is affecting this.