Thread: LS3 DFCO Tuning: Not working / Cutting In & Out

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb LS3 DFCO Tuning: Not working / Cutting In & Out

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post on here. I currently have an LS3 that is tuned to utilise DFCO to save fuel upon deceleration. It was working totally fine, but recently I installed extractor headers and high-flow cats, and now when I am decelerating the fuel cuts in and out seemingly randomly every few seconds without me editing anything in the DFCO section of the tune. The amount of time is inconsistent, it's just random. Even though it isn't a big issue, I'm just curious as to what may have caused this and if anybody has an idea? The only thing that I can think has changed is the O2 sensors are in a new environment, but I really have no idea. Thoughts? Thanks.

Post your tune and log. Read the sticky that tells you how to ask for help. I highly doubt your ECU is now enabling and disabling DFCO randomly after installing headers. There's another issue causing your concern

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbs88 View Post
    Post your tune and log. Read the sticky that tells you how to ask for help. I highly doubt your ECU is now enabling and disabling DFCO randomly after installing headers. There's another issue causing your concern
    Here is the tune file. I know it couldn't be random within the software, there is obviously something triggering it, but that is the way it is apparent to me. As I said, I didn't edit the DFCO settings and it started doing this after the exhaust modifications. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the O2 sensors as this is the only physical part of the engine management system that has really changed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post your tune and log.
    Halfway there. Need a log still

Potential Tuner
    Unable to do that right at this moment as car is at my other place. I'll do it when possible. Btw, what is a sticky? I don't know what that means.

The top threads under each section of the forum are labeled "sticky" as they're usually important or FAQ's.

Potential Tuner
    Ah I see. Noted. Thanks

Without seeing a log you can try two things for now. First, put your timing tables back to stock and get rid of the "burble" tune. Second, go into Engine -> Fuel -> Oxygen Sensors -> and disable LTFT Idle Cells Thresholds.