Thread: What am I doing wrong? did I force MAF

Potential Tuner

What am I doing wrong? did I force MAF

Hi everyone,
    Need some quick help on a couple things.
    Brand new to tuning, reading here incessantly, watching goatropegarage, and whatever else I can follow.
    LQ9 with SS2 Cam that i have zero clue on the state of in an 02 trans am convertible. (kid blew the rod on the LS1)

I finally got the idle in a decent-ish state and got MA plates on and went on a 2min. drive around the neighborhood gently to make sure i wasn't going to do any damage.

Questions are:
    1) to verify I'm forcing MAF only. Pretty sure I am but would like someone smarter than me to confirm. Either way i know not to go anywhere near 4k rpm.
    2) There's a weird surge going on that I have zero clue where to look into. any help would be greatly appreciated
    3) short terms show i'm way lean, but long terms aren't bad. Pretty sure its because I didn't drive long enough. Either way, do I up the VE values, or subtract?
    4) I'm definitely concerned with taking this out for more than a little 1mile drive around the neighborhood. Given the short terms, i'm guessing this is a good idea unless someone tells me otherwise.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks to everyone in advance.
    Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    MAF looks good. Need to log MAF Hz in order to make corrections. Don't touch VE since you're MAF-only right now. It's not dangerously far off.

Potential Tuner
    Crap... good call. I had it on one of my older runs but forgot to save the channel config.

Any idea why i might be getting a stumble?

Senior Tuner
    Yes. MAF and VE need tuned better. Spark needs work, too.

Potential Tuner
    Are my histographs all set up?

MAF scaling should be simple enough now that i put the channel back in.
    So it's MAF, then VE? Then spark?
    Just want to make sure i'm at least approaching this right.

Thanks Sirius

Senior Tuner
    VE first because it's easier to see where problems due occur. As fueling gets close you can simultaneously modify the spark tables while tuning VE.

borrone, just remember with the MAF failed timing will reference the low octane table

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys. Finally got a decent 10 minute drive to update the MAF scaling, and populated LTFTs a decent amount to make some small updates.... hope this improves driveability a little bit so i can go for a longer ride