Thread: 2018 Mustang GT Vortech ETC Request far exceeds Driver Demand

2018 Mustang GT Vortech ETC Request far exceeds Driver Demand

I'm really stumped: as I feed throttle, the ETC Torque Request stops tracking the Driver Demand Table and starts exceeding driver demand significantly. I'm not sure where it's getting the values it's trying to hit. Driver demand isn't much higher, yet the "ETC Torque Request" exceeds driver demand by about 50 lb-ft after tracking it quite well.

You can see in the log where the throttle body angle stops following the pedal and starts waaaaaay exceeding pedal angle.

I can't figure out why it starts doing this!

Attached is a log snippet showing the issue and my tune file. Any help is appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 11.22.48 AM.png

2018 Mustang GT Vortech 057 85% of Driver Demand.hpt

24-04-28 ETC Torque Exceeds Driver Demand.hpl

Surely it's the Anti-shuffle switch still enabled giving you oscillation torque source. The jump in torque coincides.

Quote Originally Posted by JLawson240 View Post
    Surely it's the Anti-shuffle switch still enabled giving you oscillation torque source. The jump in torque coincides.
    Switching on and off Anti-Shuffle logic had no affect on the behavior.

I'd leave it disabled one way or the other. But in further review of the tune it has to lie in the discrepancy between your Driver Demand table, and the MP14 Torque tables. If you pull the Torque and Inverse table for MP14 and compare to the DD table you'll see where the load requested is wonky. I'm curious as to why the DD table has been lowered below factory tables with the addition of a blower??

Quote Originally Posted by JLawson240 View Post
    I'd leave it disabled one way or the other. But in further review of the tune it has to lie in the discrepancy between your Driver Demand table, and the MP14 Torque tables. If you pull the Torque and Inverse table for MP14 and compare to the DD table you'll see where the load requested is wonky. I'm curious as to why the DD table has been lowered below factory tables with the addition of a blower??
    Lowering the driver demand table was the only way I could "tame" the throttle blade from whipping open at low RPM (like 2,000). The driver demand would call for a high torque and the throttle blade would open to try and make that torque...but with the blower, it would actually overshoot the target torque.

The "very soft" driver demand table was the only way I found to get the throttle angle to mirror the pedal travel.

It's odd because everything is fine at lower pedal percentages and loads. But once I get, say 30% pedal (or about 70% load), the throttle angle takes off and doesn't stop until I tip the pedal out.

I'm baffled.

Advanced Tuner
    The pcm doesnt have the ability to sense or calculate non-baro throttle inlet pressure. It thinks it’s only 0 psi there, so it opens the throttle appropriately but inadvertently lets all the boost in. Ive wondered if you could tube boost to the baro sensor or perhaps even replace with a map sensor and rescale accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    The pcm doesnt have the ability to sense or calculate non-baro throttle inlet pressure. It thinks it?s only 0 psi there, so it opens the throttle appropriately but inadvertently lets all the boost in. Ive wondered if you could tube boost to the baro sensor or perhaps even replace with a map sensor and rescale accordingly.
    Frankly, I think that's the "rub" with trying to boost these cars. Once manifold pressure goes beyond atmosphere, drivability kinda takes a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by WesDuenkel View Post
    Frankly, I think that's the "rub" with trying to boost these cars. Once manifold pressure goes beyond atmosphere, drivability kinda takes a shit.
    Only roush calibrations have the comfort of having SIP sensor. And the baro is inferred...

Advanced Tuner
    Drivability is easy to get near stock once you get rid of IMRCs, revamp all the mapped points down to a handful instead of just disabling the IMRC closed MPs like most people do. Correctly tune TQ model, DD, and SD. That also includes mostly redoing all the distance tables and cam angles. Throttle oscillation can be from SD not being right. I would disable anti-shuffle along with 44333
    Last edited by Pistol_91; 1 Week Ago at 11:03 AM.