Thread: VR30DDT Tuning - Boost maps and limiters

Potential Tuner

VR30DDT Tuning - Boost maps and limiters

I originally started tuning the vr30 platform with ecmtitanium and pcmflash, when I heard that HPtuners supported this vehicle I bit the bullet and shelled out the $400 for the mpvi3. I had previously used HPtuners in tech school on a Camaro and remembered it being pretty user friendly and straight forward(boy was I wrong). Now I would be wrong to bash a domestic tuning company for not being very well optimized for Japanese cars. I digress, through several tuning sessions with my friend who was kind enough to guinea pig his car we had started to make some progress although the vehicle was not responding the way I wanted too. I eventually pulled a Redsport file off the forum to compare the file too, my hopes were to copy and past the red sport maps and maybe add a little more to them. When I was comparing the files I noticed some of the data wasn't making sense for the maps. My initial thought was maybe the addresses were not the same and the section being compared was just a random portion of the Redsport rom. To confirm my suspicion I opened the Redsport rom with its own driver to see what the map values were and they were the same. This suggests that its not a problem with the drivers being different but it still does not make sense to me. I don't have much else to say so I will just include the comparison in maps and see if anyone else can dumb this down for me. I was able to get the car faster but I'm just feeling a little uneasy about it. The files with RS at the end are red sport and the others are stock vr30. If there's anyone out there with a significant amount of experience with these cars I would apricate it if you could look at the tuned file I have created. I would love to be using ecutek but the application process and the price is just not reasonable for me at the moment, I was hoping HPtuners could be the solution I was looking for however I am losing hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images