Thread: Wiring LC-1 to Rear o2, questions?

Wiring LC-1 to Rear o2, questions?

Like the title say I was looking at wiring my LC-1 to my rear o2 so I can easily plug it and un-plug it and maybe use it also on my wifes car (00 Z28). I do not have the EIO interface so I was going log through the 1v rear o2 signal. I was looking at this diagram to get an idea of the wiring (This diagram is to use the wideband as both NB and WB):

Here is what I need to know which one of the 2 connectors c or d is the 12v power? and what is the other cable for?

I'm attaching what my installation will look like at least theoreticaly. I just need to know where to hook the 12v connection and the heater ground. Will this work ok? If I need to have a separate ground I can tap into the other rear o2 if I have to but this will make it simple.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Oh, BTW the Wire colors are as follows (in case it helps):
    • A: dark brown
    • b: dark brown
    • c: light brown/cream
    • d: purple

Nevermind I found the answer I guess this is the way I will be wiring it. This will make it really easy to switch between my 2 cars.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Not working any suggestions? I soldered all the connections and verified using a continuity tester. When turn the key on I see no lights or anything. I connected it to the fron o2 plug to verify and had the same result.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:

try flipping yoru heater ground and heater power...
    not all cars use the same wiring....

you can verify voltage by turing your key on...grounding the probe to anywhere then just touch pins until you find 12ish volts....thats heater power...
    -Scott -

D is the correct heater power.

Nevermind. I think I found the problem.

only thing I can tell you is to double check your conections..and make sure you dont have any blown fuses
    -Scott -

Ok, I went through all of the connections and was able to get it to work. I followed the instructions in the manual and did the free air calibration and was working good, the o2 was reading 20.x AFR in free air. I got my pid's working in HP Tuners. I disconnected it and heat shrank plastic over all of the connections. Then connected the unit again to verify and now I get an Error 9 (Supply Voltage too low). So I took the plastic off checked and re-checked the wiring and all is good yet the error is still there. I checked with a voltage meter and it seems that there is good power. I'll try another meter and try this out again tomorrow. I though I was out of the wood but no such luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by killer_bluebird
    Ok, I went through all of the connections and was able to get it to work. I followed the instructions in the manual and did the free air calibration and was working good, the o2 was reading 20.x AFR in free air. I got my pid's working in HP Tuners. I disconnected it and heat shrank plastic over all of the connections. Then connected the unit again to verify and now I get an Error 9 (Supply Voltage too low). So I took the plastic off checked and re-checked the wiring and all is good yet the error is still there. I checked with a voltage meter and it seems that there is good power. I'll try another meter and try this out again tomorrow. I though I was out of the wood but no such luck yet.
    when I have had the supply voltage too low error...its just been because I had less than 12 volts...you might think its enough...but the sensor doesnt agree
    stat the vehcile up....it should work fine...
    and it wont hurt the sensor to start it up for a few seconds to see if the thing works OK
    -Scott -

I guess all the messing around had my battery a little low. I got a bung welded in today. I hooked everything up, did a free air calibration and ran the car. It is working great. My serial cable readings a are matching my HP tuner readings after a bit of pid editing. Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer out and I can run a few logs.

LOL...who cares if its nice or not....as long as you dont try to go WOT in the rain or snow then its all good

I tune in all kinds of weather..including rain and snow...I just dont so anything stupid in bad weather..LOL
    -Scott -