Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LC-1 RS232 Input

Tuner

LC-1 RS232 Input

Any way HPtuners could get the VCMSuite to accept input from the LC-1 via the RS232 port and not just via the MPVI Pro module?
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    Any way HPtuners could get the VCMSuite to accept input from the LC-1 via the RS232 port and not just via the MPVI Pro module?
    I think I remember talks about this as a future possibility thanks to some changes with the LC1 firly recently...

dont quote me on that..I dont remember anyreal details...but I know its been talked about
    -Scott -

Tuner
    That would save me $249 dollars
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T

why would it save you $249??

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    we may be adding the serial protocol support for the innovate products.. i have a bunch of samples coming from innovate so we'll see.

if we do, the seral data will be 100% accurate as there will be no a/d conversions.

and I dont know what the intended input is...you will probably still need an MPVI Pro(EIO) box I would guess...
    Last edited by S2H; 03-13-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    That would save me $249 dollars
    If you're looking to plumb a wideband into HPT without EIO/Pro you need to tap into a sensor that is not needed that has the same voltage range as your WB. Since you can have the LC1 put out whatever voltage range you want you could use a rear O2 sensor (0-1V) or an EGR or AC pressure sensor (0-5V). The serial interface isn't much good for anything unless you like logging data into hyperterminal.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    why would it save you $249??

and I dont know what the intended input is...you will probably still need an MPVI Pro(EIO) box I would guess...

If I could take input from the com1 port on the LC-1 I wouldn't need to spend 249 dollars to upgrade to the Pro version.

Thats what I am asking for, VMC scanner to take input from the serial port on my laptop instead of the analog output/EIO of the Pro MPVI.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T

I think he is asking for the software to pickup external ARF through a com port and not the EIO. Im using that now with another product and it just dont line up right. This would be a step in the wrong direction!

Another problem is the data is encrypted and all the manufacturers widebands speak differently, This means we would all have to use the same wideband, at least the same company!

Spend the extra $249 its worth it.

Tuner
    I just checked and it's 289 plus shipping. You get charged an *extra* $140 if you try to upgrade later.
    Last edited by zinner; 03-18-2007 at 11:09 AM.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
    I think he is asking for the software to pickup external ARF through a com port and not the EIO. Im using that now with another product and it just dont line up right. This would be a step in the wrong direction!

Another problem is the data is encrypted and all the manufacturers widebands speak differently, This means we would all have to use the same wideband, at least the same company!

Spend the extra $249 its worth it.
    just because somebody else cant get it right doesnt mean HPT cant get it right..
    Ken Keith and Chris have all done some pretty amazing things that NOBODY thought would ever happen...includng some guys that have ben in the industry for a lot longer
    -Scott -

just because somebody else cant get it right doesnt mean HPT cant get it right..
    Ken Keith and Chris have all done some pretty amazing things that NOBODY thought would ever happen...includng some guys that have ben in the industry for a lot longer

They sure have and I agree if anyone could do it right it would be them. Im just stating my exp using software that picks up external AFR.

Im all for it, But still think its step back in time. The only draw back is they would have to make the software multilingual so we dont get stuck with one wideband option. Thats one of the issues I had with another product. There product would only work with a plx device, Others would not allow them to use there product in this manner with out a some type of partnership or pay off. So they ditched it and added analog inputs on the cable.

But like you said if anyone can do it, It would be HPT!

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
    Im all for it, But still think its step back in time. The only draw back is they would have to make the software multilingual so we dont get stuck with one wideband option. Thats one of the issues I had with another product. There product would only work with a plx device, Others would not allow them to use there product in this manner with out a some type of partnership or pay off. So they ditched it and added analog inputs on the cable.

But like you said if anyone can do it, It would be HPT!

actually they dont have to make anything multilingual...you dont get stuck because they choose one protocal over another...
    you stil have the option to use anybodys wideband...
    it would just allow for if you have an LC1/LM1 to be able to directly read from it digitally..making it more accurate....even though the Analog inputs are planty accurate enough anyways...they are not geting rid of the analog inputs
    It would just be a Bonus to LC1/LM1 owners

and if the other guys were stupid enough to limit themselves by not adding an analog input then its their problem.
    there are more devices than just a wideband that can be put into the Analog inputs...

buddy of mine logs bottle pressure, fuel pressure, Oil Temperature, and Wideband thru his analog inputs....
    -Scott -

actually they dont have to make anything multilingual...you dont get stuck because they choose one protocal over another...
    you stil have the option to use anybodys wideband...
    it would just allow for if you have an LC1/LM1 to be able to directly read from it digitally..making it more accurate....even though the Analog inputs are planty accurate enough anyways...they are not geting rid of the analog inputs
    It would just be a Bonus to LC1/LM1 owners

and if the other guys were stupid enough to limit themselves by not adding an analog input then its their problem.
    there are more devices than just a wideband that can be put into the Analog inputs...

buddy of mine logs bottle pressure, fuel pressure, Oil Temperature, and Wideband thru his analog inputs....
    Lol thats exactly what I was saying It will be a bonus for lc1/lm1 users but what about the others. It will have to be multilingual to work with other widebands or users NOT Using the EIO interface.

Until HPT moves beyond the automobile. I am stuck using the "Other Guys stupid" product. Though it does get the job done and has some features HPT dont. I think HPT should be the platform others look upto and is the best all around package. Im not knocking them in anyway.

I hope this does go through so I can compare the results.

Bump... I will eat my words on this now thats its working properly. I still beleive we need more than one protocal as it has always worked flawless with PLX, But now with Innovate and Zeitronix to boot! So how bout it HPT External AFR Via Com port to the scanner?
    Last edited by 1slowsilverado; 04-08-2007 at 01:01 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its on Keith's to-do list but there are other things he's committed to first.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Glad to here it's on the list!
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T

Tuner in Training

Another LC-1 owner waiting

That would make my day !! Then I can stop kicking my own But* for not getting the pro version. The diff in price between std and pro paid for my
    LC-1

Rian

You can always run the WB output through the EGR or AC pressure PCM inputs and create custom PIDs. Pro is the ideal solution but if you've already got standard this is an option that some of us are using very successfully.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Just a heads up guys, this is something we are working on with Innovate.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Just a heads up guys, this is something we are working on with Innovate.
    Do you have any indication of date when this will be done?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    You can always run the WB output through the EGR or AC pressure PCM inputs and create custom PIDs. Pro is the ideal solution but if you've already got standard this is an option that some of us are using very successfully.
    Is there a 'how to' for this? I really need to get my tuning done....