Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Large idle surge when coming to a stop

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    uploaded your latest and went for a quick ride around the block.
    was able to let it idle and two WOT runs up to 60 mph.

Ran and drove fine, idled nice. made about 10 stops, didn't feel anything weird.
    I'll be able to make a 20 minute datalog tomorrow when I make a run for lunch.
    I dont know what you adjusted, but it's the right thing that made it idle correctly.
    I installed your channels as well.

Attachment 145727
    Your cal had some tables changed that shouldn't have been accessible by normal people, so one of the settings I had changed in relation to a particular operation is what caused it to idle at 1200. This was most likely due to getting hung up in a test that's been changed elsewhere that even I didn't realize. Even so, you can still see how having things right has greatly changed some of the main controllers. Before it's all said and done you should be able to tell the throttle is working better and under more control as well.

For future logs and revisions you'll need to email them to me as they'll most likely be too big to post. You'll need to cold start it while logging, let it idle for 5 mins then drive while varying rpm and load then let it idle for another 4 to 5 mins with the AC and heat off while in park at the end before shutting it off.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Your cal had some tables changed that shouldn't have been accessible by normal people......You'll need to cold start it while logging, let it idle for 5 mins then drive while varying rpm and load then let it idle for another 4 to 5 mins with the AC and heat off while in park at the end before shutting it off.
    well i hope the dyno tuner did something the normal person cant do. the shop he works at is one of the top corvette go fast places in the country.
    I started truck, 1200 rpms, solid, very little variance of the 1200. Let it idle for 4-5 mins then drove to a local GM dealer to pick up the wrong parts.
    While at the parts counter it idled for a good 5 minutes or longer, then i drove home, let it idle in the driveway while i killed some weeds.
    And finally shut it off and sent the file via gmail to you.

Advanced Tuner
    uploaded #8 and sent you the log

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    before shutting it off.

uploaded #9 and sent you the log

for some reason gmail said it was too big and youd have to download it off the link.

Tuning Addict
    I got it. You don't have to post on here. I check my emails more than the forum. In fact I'm not on the forum much at the moment unless I just get a notice from it FWIW, it's looking a lot better. Looks like it has the usual cammed 5.3 density table lean area around the 30 and 40 tip temp columns. Made changes for that in the latest I sent you.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC