Thread: 2004 Silverado

Potential Tuner

2004 Silverado

I converted my 04 Silverado to electric cooling fans. Flex a lite kit was awesome for many years. After they died, I went with oem style fans, and a wide body radiator. I've tried a few different fan controllers but none of them help up like the first flex a lite kit.

Now I'm wondering about getting 05 fan relays and having the Pcm control the fans. Does anyone around here do simple flash for cash? (Fans and tire size).

Any opinions on which route I should go?

Senior Tuner
    What are you trying to accomplish on the fans? Using different relay setup won’t increase cooling capacity unless you aren’t able to get the current setup to run on high speed.

Not much that can be done on the simple changes unless you have the HPT connection. And if you have that you can do it yourself. Unless by “around here” you mean local to you. Which you don’t say where you are located.

Potential Tuner
    My truck had a fanclutch. My PCM is not programmed to run a 2005 stock fan set up. I'd like to turn that function on. My current fan controller sucks. I either need to replace my fan kit with flex a lite 292 or convert to the stock wire harness with relays and allow pcm to control the on and off's.

I'd like to ship my pcm to someone who can help me get it flashed.

Senior Tuner
    So I guess your main question is can the 04 pcm control the fans. And I don’t know the answer to that.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, P01 and P59 both have electric fan controls in the tune settings but they have to be enabled and configured. You didnt state which PCM you had, so i assume P59 since its an 04. If you want to run it with the stock PCM the easiest way (that i know of) is to get a used (or new) fan relay control module from something that came with them OE such as an 05 Denali. The 99-03 is a little different on setup, but I did E-fan swap on my 04 silverado that came stock with a fan clutch and ordering a new radiator for a denali (or any other 6.0 gen 3) and a used fan and relay setup its basically plug and play for hardware. You will have to pin the wires into the PCM as well which isnt hard but youll need the PCM pin connectors. I know on 99-02 pin 42 is used and the Ac trigger (pin 33). There is no auto ac recirculation on 03+. You use 33 on the green connector and 42 on the blue connector. I have had trouble getting High speed fan to work on P01 sometimes.

On a P01
    Pin 33 needs to be reconfigured from AC recirc to fan #2 control in the tune.

For P59 pin 33 on the green PCM connector and Pin 42 on Blue connector..
    Then just activate the fans outputs in the tune and you are good to go with the oem e fans and oem harnesses. It's easy peasy.

12084912-L This is the part number for the (female) pins that go into the PCM connectors and establish connection with the PCM pins.

Theres literally tons of write up on this is you google it.
    I didnt read through all of this one but it was the first search result and seemed to have a lot of info. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ontrol-553385/
    Last edited by horsepowerguru427; 12-28-2023 at 07:57 PM.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"