Thread: 2016 F-150 Shelby Truck WOT will not accelerate and strange data

Potential Tuner

2016 F-150 Shelby Truck WOT will not accelerate and strange data

Guys,

Long time lurker...almost never post.
    However, I have run into something where I need a little help.

NOTES: 2016 Ford F-150 Shelby Truck, dash tag indicates it's #11, appears to be as-delivered (no additional mods)

Here is the read file and a datalog.

Symptoms:
    1. Truck stops accelerating during WOT around 4200-4500rpm
    2. MIL will start flashing and keep flashing after attempting WOT. Will stop flashing and turn off after ~1 minute.
    3. Key On Engine Off, data becomes non-sensical when doing a slow sweep to WOP/WOT

Aside from WOT, the truck seems to drive just fine. Runs terrible when going WOT.

Any thoughts?

Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nine; 11-30-2023 at 04:09 PM. Reason: better title

Check to see that your have the latest version of VCM scanner. You can get some weird readings from an older version or try beta. The one time that I saw you get into power enrichment briefly you had .64 lambda on the right and .82 on the left. Also your IATs are hot for 64 degree ambient temp. I would expect them to drop alot on your highway drive. Check to see that you are circulating coolant in your intercooler. When you took off from 0 mph it looked normal. Timing increased and it stayed right at 1.00 lambda. Any codes? If the truck has not been modified from the way it came from the dealer, I would look into a mechanical problem. Most likely not tune related.

Potential Tuner
    I'm on version 5.0.4
    It reports, "No update found".
    I tried going WOT several times throughout the course of this ~20 minute datalog. Almost every time I went WOT, the engine would feel like it hit a limiter/lose power/not accelerate. This coincides with the data showing 0's and negative values. If I tried "aggressive" part throttle instead of WOP/WOT, the truck would pull for a bit.

As for the IAT's sure, I can check that when the truck comes back but, the recorded IAT's are not high enough to create the symptoms/lack of power that I notice.

When it showed up it had P0420, P0430, and a P0300 stored--a couple of catalytic converter efficiency codes and a random misfire code. I pulled a spark plug and found that the previous shop, a Ford dealer, had installed stock F-150 replacement spark plugs with stock gap. I replaced them with LTR7IX-11's gapped at 0.032" and cleared the codes. In the course of my troubleshooting and test drives the codes did not come back.

From what I can tell, this truck is unmodified from the way it came from the dealer.

...scratching my head over this one...

Potential Tuner
    Another thing...

With Key On Engine Off, when doing a throttle the sweep data also ends up showing 0's and negative values.