Thread: Starts and stalls out, wont idle I'm making it worse

Potential Tuner

Starts and stalls out, wont idle I'm making it worse

07 suburban, BTR Truck Norris, no cats.

I cant get it to idle, it just starts and dies out. I tried the RussK method and couldn't get control of the throttle (locking it in special functions). holding it steady with my foot, it seemed to idle best at 20 degrees timing.

since that didnt work, I took my stock file, copied it, modified the idle RPM's table. increased airflow final minimum by 3 g/s. same with the startup airflow

The truck will start run about two seconds, cant recover and dies. I've tried final min table changes up and down. I've tried base idle timing changes from 18 to 28 in the startup and idle range. I cant figure out how to get a stable idle and not die out.

I'm beginning to think my TPS is not working right. I cant control it (or cant figure out how to) in the special functions what so ever.

Thanks,

Todd
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Well there are a lot of knobs youve turned that shouldnt be. MAP filter? There are no VVE adjustments? Your idle spark table is pretty ridiculous looking. Your adapt spark is still pretty aggressive. Id go back to stock, soften your adaptive spark tables. Dial in fuel. Im also getting my ass kicked on this cam lol.

Potential Tuner
    @ns158sl, thanks for the input. When I first got the tuner I had written over what I rhoughtvwas my stock file. Your help made me look further back and I found my actual stock file. I copied it, made all the changes for the cam change and it fired up on the first try and idled perfect.

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving all

Potential Tuner
    I have the same problem with this cam. It's a MFer to get to idle properly.

Following.

07 LC9 full rebuild. DoD delete + Truck Norris.
    Still trying to get it to fire.