Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOV Killing Motor Gen 2&3 coyote

Advanced Tuner
    I'm surprised veefour hasn't taken you up on that offer yet. Reading through your posts sounds like you're finding stuff that helps but definitely winging it. Lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    I'm surprised veefour hasn't taken you up on that offer yet. Reading through your posts sounds like you're finding stuff that helps but definitely winging it. Lol
    This car has absolutely been pissing me off lol. Just want to get it to act right

Senior Tuner
    Idle feedback works best when the engine is warmed up as thats when the torque modifiers simplify. You have its upper and lower limits moved out of the way. This can cause/ allow excessive ossiclations to completely stalling. PID tuning can be done to calm down these osscillations, but once you find what does you should narrow the upper and lower limit.
    This is probably a rabbit hole and the wrong approach, Fords PID control is not that bad and not affected that much by what you have physically modified.

As its warming up, its better to use the base drive and base neutral spark tables to command the spark that achieves the desired airflow and RPM rather than rely on torque control. Either way it should hold the desired idle RPM fairly constant.

You seem to be targeting a very high idle RPM at temperature. The stock driver demand command 0 ETC torque near 700rpm, just above the desired idle rpm. You need to modify your driver demand table to command 0 torque at 0% throttle where you are telling it to idle, around 1000RPM. Right now the driver demand table is telling the engine it needs -40ftlb of torque at idle, and its having to command 40ftlbs from the ETC to cancel this out and get to that 0. This conflict in driver demand table and ETC air flow torque model is probably causing you a lot of your idle issues and return to idle issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    I dont have that much time to post here everyday :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Lol I hear ya there