Thread: 06 Mustang GT Intake manifold Issues

06 Mustang GT Intake manifold Issues

Have a 06 Mustang GT I'm helping a friend with that has log tube headers, No Cats, comp mutha thumper cams, comp vacuum pump, Holly Sniper Intake Manifold, IMRC deletes, OE intake, stock short block auto the car is being remotely calibrated and there are issues with idle since the intake manifold swap.

The car was running great and then he swapped the intake manifold and deleted the imrcs and we been having some issues with idle and the manual trans swap. I did make the appropriate changes to the LWFM table and disabled the runner controls as well as swapped all the all the SD OPEN table to closed also in spark and 0'D out the imrc Spark section. the problem may very well be vacuum leaks as he did send me a couple videos and I could hear the loud hissing in the background. Also wanted to note with him swapping to a manual transmission I tried to disable the auto but seems that when I do it wants to throw a wrench light. I have also disabled all the appropriate dtcs for the trans swap and have both PATS SWITCHES set to disable.

Wanted to ask some of you mustang guys if when I disable PATS can I then change the equizzer to a manual calibration setting or do I need to leave it be so I don't get a no crank?

Also forgot to add for the sniper intake I did increase the manifold volume to around 11.44 to 11.80 but still having some issues with idle ad drivability car will idle but seems commanded idle is never being met its always lower the actual idle.

Any help would be appreciate and thanks in advance for any info provided i have quite a bit of cammed 3v calibrations and I'm starting to think he has large vacuum leaks due to him using the stock fuel rails on the the holly high ram he has. Also i have played with DASHPOT quite a bit with the car but the air at idle its pulling in just seems way to high for a cammed 3v.

It maybe smarter to just OS Swapped it with a 06 manual calibration but let me known your input on the intake manifold and 6R80 swap.

Note: I did also adjust Transport Delay on the updated cal this is the base cal it started with and i do believe its a SCT write to be honest.
    Last edited by Lost0187; 09-30-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Never mind on the help what happened and what I suspected was there were huge vacuum leaks as I told my friend when you go with the Holley Sniper you cant use the oem rails because they don't seat properly on the injectors and cause air leaks. Also that is why the intake manifold comes with a new billet set. His problem was the rails didn't have revisions for the rail pressure sensor and he claimed they were coyote rails. In the end I had him go back to his oem intake manifold with deleted IMRC until we get the part revisions from trick flow or aeromotive to mount the rail sensor inline or he goes to a regulated return fuel system. Also happy to report his quick 6 6R80 swap is now working properly and we have a speed input into the speedo we have to adjust the settings a bit but another success especially with a original 5 speed auto Spanish Oak Strategy. More to come on the build he has been working hard on it ad he is 8 hrs away in Tennessee from me so I'm doing my best to guide him on wiring and installs since he is new to the car game.

-Here Is A log Of the Base Cal Needs Some Adjustment But Runs, Idles, & Drives-

Mods to 06 GT Mustang Include
    *Stock Cold Air Induction
    *Deleted IMRC
    *MSD Coil Packs
    *Long Tube Headers
    *Cat Deleted
    *6r80 Swap
    *Quick 6 Controller
    *Tach Adapter
    *Comp Cams & Limiters
    *Stock Fuel System, Injectors, & Rails
    *2013-14 Shifter with select shift
    *Stock Bottom End
    *Comp Cams Vacuum Pump
    *Drag Radials / AM Wheels
    *Mishimoto Cooler (Trans)
    *PBH 6R80 Cooler Block
    *4.10 8.8 Gears

Not Installed Yet
    *Holley Sniper Intake Manifold
    *Custom Billet Fuel Rails
    *38 LB Injectors
    *Return Fuel System Vac Referenced
    *85MM Maf & Air Induction System
    *2010 Cluster
    *More To Come
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lost0187; 09-30-2023 at 09:27 AM.