Thread: S197 3.6 to gen 2 swap what's needed?

Potential Tuner

S197 3.6 to gen 2 swap what's needed?

So long story short...3.7 v6 spun a rod bearing, now I've seen videos and I know the gen 1 swap can be done by getting the engine, engine harness and ecu with pats delete along with other odd bits and what-not essentially making it plug and play, I've seen videos on gen 2 swaps but no one seems available to answer any questions so I'm asking provided I have the gen 2 engine, harness and ecu along with whatever else is needed like gen 1 oil filter adapter...can this be done in a s197 car, specifically a 2011 3.7 v6 performance pack car...I've read that the maf pin out needs to be changed but I have no idea if that's using a gen 1 ecu or gen 1 heads on a gen 2 block...I'd prefer to just go gen 2 entirely block ,engine and ecu, accessories etc. I would appreciate if those that have done this can chime in...also another reason I'd like to go gen 2 block and heads is because I Believe the gen 2 timing chain is shorter compared to gen 1...correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like a plus

Advanced Tuner
    Since no one replied I will take a stab:

The easy button is to use the gen 2 engine with gen 1 coyote PCM, wiring harness, sensors, VCT, timing set, crank sprocket, phasers and gen 1 oil filter adapter. (Using a gen 1 would be much easier/cheaper, just make a little less power)

The PCM should work with the stuff that's already in your car. This is a lot easier than trying to use a gen 2 pcm, you will have to change A LOT, you would need a gen 2 donor car in reality. And some of the stuff isn't going to just bolt in.

Use HPtuners to account for the cam and airflow changes.

Use a gen 2 or 3 intake manifold and delete the IMRC.