Thread: using a copperhead to control 3v

using a copperhead to control 3v

car is PD built 3v with a built 6r80 conversion on a quick 6 controller making just under 900. I want to ditch the quick6 for a copperhead so i can use tq management and also for closed loop WOT and have everything going thru one controller. car is wire tucked so no vct, imrc, etc. and I will have to build another harness and switch the maf and 02's. my question and biggest obstacle before beginning is how to properly monitor cam angle sensor(s). anyone ever done this or have any input ?
    5.0 3v, ported gen3, 6r80

Tuner in Training
    Do you just want the tq management to help keep the trans alive? I have a turbo crown vic at 550whp on stock trans looking to swap to 6R80 using a quick 6 and was hoping the stock 6r80 could take it. The stock 4r75 is still loving it but the gearing sucks.

Advanced Tuner
    Copperhead and spanish oak are pretty different, coyote has more sensors and data. I think you will be far ahead using an aftermarket torque management/tcs system.

The 6r80 will have no issues at 550hp.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sportinawoody View Post
    car is PD built 3v with a built 6r80 conversion on a quick 6 controller making just under 900. I want to ditch the quick6 for a copperhead so i can use tq management and also for closed loop WOT and have everything going thru one controller. car is wire tucked so no vct, imrc, etc. and I will have to build another harness and switch the maf and 02's. my question and biggest obstacle before beginning is how to properly monitor cam angle sensor(s). anyone ever done this or have any input ?
    Have you gotten any answers outside of this forum? I'm debating on going through this mess as well. I fee like it's doable, but I can't find any info on how I could get the copperhead to read the cam signature.

I'm thinking it would work without a cam signal, and just run it in batch fire, but that's not what I'm after.

Advanced Tuner
    It is doable. Run as many sensors as you can get off the coyote. Plan on locking out VCT if you haven't and disabling it in the tune so you'll run a single mapped point. Copperhead torque control still works, and car did not have traction control.