Thread: 2002 L59 Tahoe, What's wrong here?

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 2002 L59 Tahoe, What's wrong here?

Can someone please explain the 'Fuel Trims' to me? Also I have a bad ticking noise at cylinder 8, but when I unplug my ignition coil or the fuel injector the ticking noise stops. I have a rear exhaust manifold bolt that is broken on the same side as well, I don't know how this helps but....Anyone????
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    The fuel trims have nothing to do with a tick. They can be addressed with tuning.. Likely cleaning the MAF if its a stock truck will make a big difference.

You probably know this already and might be related to your testing but you have a

P0358 - Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit (Current)

code
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Wonder why that code is so common? Is there a design flaw?

Tuner in Training
    when i unplug the 8th coil the ticking stops also the fuel injector unplug it and the ticking stops

Well, no explosion in that cylinder can make the sound stop. It's just an air pump at that point, no bang from the fuel being ignited. So the ticking noise from an exhaust leak will likely stop.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thankyou that makes since. any pointers on getting the broken bolt out?

Senior Tuner
    Wax. It will creep like penetrating oil at high temps without flashing off like PB does.

I have pretty good luck with a regular right angle drill and EZ out. Can be done with the manifold still on but much easier with it off. GM has a new style bolt that is supposed to be less likely to break. I replace them any time they are removed like a head bolt.

Senior Tuner
    We use easy out or more often just weld to the bolt and it comes right out after that.

This tool looks promising.

https://www.motionraceworks.com/prod...-drill-fixture
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    We use easy out or more often just weld to the bolt and it comes right out after that.

This tool looks promising.

https://www.motionraceworks.com/prod...-drill-fixture
    That looks nice. I'm going to see if my machinist cam make me one of those. Like the drill guide for perfect 90 degree X 90 degree drilling.