Thread: No MAF frequency above 1500 Hz

Tuner in Training

No MAF frequency above 1500 Hz

Im eventually going to learn how to tune but for now, I dont have the time or patience to get my truck dialed in so going to have it tuned by a pro. I would like to make sure everything is working before I take it in. I was working on VE tuning but my LTFTs seemed to be getting further out of spec with each adjustment.... but I was getting a reading. Also tried MAF tuning but I dont seem to be getting a MAF frequency above 1500 Hz. I changed my MAF sensor, checked my wiring, have 5v to the yellow reference, 12v to the pink power supply & grounds are good. Is this something I need to correct or will it not matter when tuning with a wideband?

if it matters, 2002 5.3 with 218/224 110lsa cam, long tube headers, no downstream o2s.

Scanner log from my last start & tune it is under. Appreciate the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have to add the channel for MAF Hz before it will show up in any charts/graphs. There is no MAF Hz channel in that log.

Tuner in Training
    I followed the instructions from goat rope garage on youtube. I just went back and did exactly what he says but maybe im missing something. Its the 2nd LTFT on my graph. No wideband so going the LTFT route

Tuner in Training
    Blinsquirrel man I swear Im not that dumb. I overlooked where you said "channel". So just added the channel & shes working. Thanks again

And just so you know next time, nobody can see your graphs/charts the way you see them in your scanner unless you also upload the *.xml for your charts/graphs. A logfile is just the channel data. Opening somebody else's log in your scanner loads their data into your charts/graphs.