Thread: 2018 Mustang Gt Locked IMRC Adjustments

Tuner in Training

2018 Mustang Gt Locked IMRC Adjustments

Hello everyone recently the IMRC shaft broke in my 2018 mustang gt, rather than getting another intake manifold with IMRC's it was recommended to me that I just get one with them locked out. After looking through the forums trying to learn the proper adjustments to make I didn't find much so I decided to take what I learned and make some adjustments...

The first thing I did was go to the IMRC tab and and disable all of the IMRC components and set them to open. Once I did that I went in the variable cam section and disabled map points 0-13 and snap to point 0-13. I adjusted the the mapped points and distance tables regarding emissions reduction and optimum stability to use map point 14 which is 0 IVO , 0 EVC. Car started and drove fine, it had a little hiccup doing a quick rev but I came across this one parameter that confused me a little and I just wanted some clarification.
    2023-04-27.png
    2023-04-27 (1).png

With the IMRC configuration parameter having all the mapped points set to open do I need to still disable mapped points 0-13? Also if I am missing any other changes please let me know I appreciate all the knowledge.

2023-04-27 (2).png

Tuner in Training
    Side note I have not tried it on the car with the IMRC configuration all set 1 when I initially tested the car only 14-26 were set to 1. Testing the theory this weekend.

Senior Tuner
    Pretty sure position sensor stays enabled.

Setting IMCR config 0-13 to 1 wouldn't be correct. Look at the spark tables.