Thread: Advice for new guy

Advice for new guy

I have a swap i put an lq4 into. new to tuning so looking for some pointers/advice or good starting point or someone to tell me im doin it wrong. started with a '04 6.0 0S 7603. i adjusted VE table a bit as well as timing and idle to get it started. poor throttle control off idle figured because of Auto file so segment swapped manual into it. was still having throttle control issues and after some playing around realized it was from the torque/abuse settings. now it will actually drive and rev.

trying to move into airtuning now but have an issue with stalling making it hard to get a clean log. it will rev and return to idle without stalling while not moving but once i get goin and put in the clutch stalls on coast. did russk a couple times...matched idle spark with octane tables to see if the transition was causing it?

from what i gather throttle follower may or may not help?...i didnt have clutch switch or vss to pcm at first so wired those up. started playing with decay times but dont wanna be d!cking with all that if thats not the direction i need to go.

Here is one of the only logs i actually remembered to hit save on. may or may not be helpful. let me know what to log

'99 lq4
    p59 DBW
    SBE
    706 heads
    ls1 intake
    stock lq4 injectors
    Elgin E1840P cam
    t56 trans
    AEM 30- WB

thanks

neutralrevsd.hpl subaradospeeddensity4.hpt testidle.hpl sd.Channels.xml

Senior Tuner
    All logs are saved automatically.

then im not sure where they saved to cause the only ones im finding are the ones i hit save on... weird

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Logs

oh tyty...neat

took a quick log this morning before i opened the shop...

i changed the timing a bit to to help with stalling. it helped with stall but doesnt idle as smooth so some progress i guess

shortdrive.hpl VCM Scanner.cfg

let me know if these uploads are correct

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PAQ View Post
    t

let me know if these uploads are correct
    what version are you running? i havent seen a /CFG file in a while

Just downloaded it last week...not sure the number...I thought I saw it say to post cfg file somewhere with logs...