Thread: FRPP Control Pack base tune question

Potential Tuner

FRPP Control Pack base tune question

Hello, I am new to the HP tuners forum. I figured this would be a great starting point to get information on my tune. I just finished building a Factory Five Roadster that I installed a Gen 3 Coyote that I got from a 2018 Mustang GT S550 with a 6 speed manual transmission. I purchased a control pack from Ford Racing Performance to replace the ECM that came with the engine. I was told on the Factory Five forum that this would be the best way to go to eliminate all of the anti-theft programing and other control module stuff like the links to the body control module.

The car runs good with the base tune provided by Ford with the control pack. The only issue I see is with the idle. It seems to hang up a little while shifting. Just looking at the file for the base tune I can't see anything in the idle section or deceleration items.

Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Here is my base tune:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fordman114; 04-13-2023 at 08:28 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Does this happen when you come off a red light and start to accelerate?

Here COBRA BASE min Throttle angle.hpt

The throttle angle min was 0.06 and set it to 2* so that it doesn't try to shut itself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by crust View Post
    Does this happen when you come off a red light and start to accelerate?

Here COBRA BASE min Throttle angle.hpt

The throttle angle min was 0.06 and set it to 2* so that it doesn't try to shut itself.
    This happens when you shift from first to second and from second to third under light acceleration. The engine doesn't seem to come back down towards idle as quick as I would like. Maybe this is normal for a coyote, don't know as this is my first one with a manual trans.

Advanced Tuner
    disable rev hang in the trans tab

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    disable rev hang in the trans tab
    That is already disabled

Potential Tuner
    One thing I was concerned about is the FRPP control pack for the Gen 3 coyote does not require a VSS signal. I have a GPS speedometer, so I am not connected to the VSS on the transmission. I see a few of parameters in the tune that refer to minimum VSS. How is this handled by the ECM?

You can keep your stock gen 3 pcm, we have a way to modify a tune to no longer care about PATS.

VSS is taken from ABS via CAN BUS.

does it do it at idle free rev'ing ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktreves View Post
    does it do it at idle free rev'ing ?
    I'll check that out when I get back at it. I have other pressing issues so I won't be doing any testing for a week or so.

Thanks everyone for the input