Thread: Gen3 Stalling

Tuner in Training

Gen3 Stalling

Hello all, I haven't purchased my HP Tuner kit yet, but it's in the works. I just wanted to see if I can get a jump on a problem I'm having. Engine is a stock 2007 LQ4 with other than a stage 2 cam and springs (pcm was sent out and had VATS removed and adjustments made for Stage 2 cam) in an 89 S10 with a TH350 trans that I installed a VSS on, using the Corvette Return Style Regulator (52psi constantly). The truck starts up fine, idles fine, drives fine while cruising, but if I mash the throttle it falls on it's face and boggs out, also when coming to a stop off throttle it will stall without warning (doesn't start running crappy or anything). The only engine codes are PO171 and PO174 because I thought that it may be an issue since it made a difference with it off. Has anyone else ran into this issue? What should I look for when I get my HP Tuner? I know I really need to post a data log but I don't have the means to do that yet. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mixman98; 03-25-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I am still new at this. Your fuel pressure looks a little low should be around 58psi. If 52 is the fuel pressure, then your injector data for Flow Rate vs. KPA should be adjusted. There are a lot of knowledgeable tuners here. They will need to know more about your setup. And without access to your tune file it could almost be anything.