Thread: 05 CTS V stg 4 cam, spits out lots of fuel

Advanced Tuner

05 CTS V stg 4 cam, spits out lots of fuel

I am helping a buddy of mine with this. His car has a stage 4 cam and lt headers. Sounds good, runs decent but when it is warming up it pukes fuel out the tailpipes really badly and even when its warm and idling it does it some too. Ill attach a video that shows this. The video is just after starting the car cold. I do not have his stock file but it should be the same as the one in the repository i will also attach. I tried messing with the injection boundary and this did help some when its warm but not when its cold. I also pulled 8% fuel out at idle when warm. I tried adding the video but it wont let me do it. Just imagine lots of droplets spraying out the tailpipes and splattering on the concrete making the concrete very wet. Ive included a stock file, the as found file and my attempt at getting the fuel out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Whats the data log showing for fuel trims and what is the wideband saying?

A big cam with what I assume is long tubes and no cats will create a ton of condensation in the exhaust, that can look like fuel but it's really just soot mixed with water. It'll smell pretty raw with no cats.

Good time to tell your friend that he needs larger injectors too. Stockers ain't going to cut it for how much power that camshaft can make.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Whats the data log showing for fuel trims and what is the wideband saying?

A big cam with what I assume is long tubes and no cats will create a ton of condensation in the exhaust, that can look like fuel but it's really just soot mixed with water. It'll smell pretty raw with no cats.

Good time to tell your friend that he needs larger injectors too. Stockers ain't going to cut it for how much power that camshaft can make.
    Fuel trims are now adding fuel. I'll try and get a quick log. Don't have a wide band in it. It was tuned previously at a dyno. I'm thinking the only way to tell if it's water is by trying to light it. It doesnt smell like gas but this goes on a long time so hard to imagine it's water and will do it repeatedly after turning off the car and starting it again.