Thread: Looking for information on Tune

Potential Tuner

Looking for information on Tune

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3. I have done the VVT, DOD and AFM delete on it I upgraded the Cam to a comp cam 220/224 212/218 @ .050 with 114 separation and .522"/.529" valve lift. It has only a K&N filter on it. Looking for input on the tune i paid for. I was not satisfied with the power I got out of it. I under stand I need to get Wide band to dial it in. I also read that i should do VVE calibration and MAF Calibration. Looking into doing those in weeks coming and I also have 50lb injectors i am going to install this weekend because i keeps getting a lean bank CEL. I just want to make sure im not missing anything before I get started doing the VVE and MAF. I appreciate any input and HELP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-27-2023 at 03:47 PM.

Tuning Addict
    I'm going to guess it has no bottom end right?

There's no doubt that the tune needs work - timing needs smoothing and raising in areas, VE needs dialing in as you stated, but those are really the main ones standing out to me. Timing could use some better shaping to help, but honestly the problem is you cam choice. Usually anything over a 500 lift on these loses a lot of port velocity and absolutely kills the lower end of the power band. You can help with mid and upper with some things such as your timing, but not seeing a whole lot at first glance...

It's also hard to tell exactly whats going on without a log, so might want to post one of those.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Is it 220/224 or 212/218? Those are both @.050 numbers, it can't be both. 114 LSA isn't helping, even if it's the smaller of the two.

Potential Tuner
    I will add some log data as soon as i figure out where is saves. I appreciate the info for sure, where on the timing would you recommend increase or decrease.

Potential Tuner
    I added the cam info.