Thread: Unclear MAF issues

Potential Tuner

Unclear MAF issues

I have been working on tuning what I thought would be a simple swap this winter. I put a truck norris cam in a 2003 5.3L with supporting valvetrain, otherwise stock. I installed it in a 2005 Silverado in place of the sad 4.3L. Changed fuel rails to use the 2005s returnless system. I just saw another post that injector tables for the 2005 fuel system are likely different than the 2003 calibration, and I will have to look into that. Got fuel gauge, E-fans, and cruise control working with DBW system. I had just been slowly working on VE tables, MAF scaling, idle airflow, and starting to add timing, but developed a new issue where the engine will shut itself off and read "reduced engine power" in the dash. Scan shows P0103, P0106, and P1514. Of course it only does this when I'm not logging, and will not restart until I clear DTCs with the scanner. I have tried changing the MAF sensor, and checking voltages at the connector, which appear to be good. Scanning shows a MAF reading in Hz, but no airflow quantity. I'm hoping someone here can find what I'm missing so that I can get this thing reliable.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Been trying to figure this out for a week, and finally decided to post. Of course I just realized I left MAF fail Hz down after my last round of SD logging. Gotta fix that and go get more data, because I still have some surging when cold at low speeds that I need to get smoothed out.