Thread: Running rich at low MAP, low RPM no matter what I do

Tuner in Training

Running rich at low MAP, low RPM no matter what I do

hi folks, in my continuing saga of trying to get VE right on this thing I'm running into an issue where no matter how much I drop the VE it runs super rich at low MAP, mostly running idle but even if I'm at low throttle position. Has anyone experienced this? Is something else taking over at these low throttle cells and ignoring the main VE table? Really trying to get the VE dialed in before I get into spark and everything else...

I'm running a stock LS1 with a SS2 cam, SEP1000 injectors, 3 bar MAP on 93 octane and GT45 turbo so pretty basic combo.

Thanks
    Gary

Tune: Gary_99_TA - stock-SDEnable_SEP1000Enable_3bar_idleTuning_propIdleDsable_startupAirflowChanges_b.hpt
    Log: 20221211_ve_driving10.hpl
    Config: VE_spark_tuning.Channels.xml
    1999 Trans Am, Ebay turbo, SS2 Cam, 4L80E...pray for me

Usually the min fuel milligrams setting is too high when this happens. Try reduce that number to half or less to test.

What MAP sensor are you running?

You didn't change the open loop EQ ratio to 1.00 for all cells above 130 degrees, so it's always commanding an air fuel ratio richer than stoich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like he has SEP1000 which I'm assuming are the injectors. Other than SEP having a bad rep for bad injectors you should lower your min fule milligrams
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Tuner in Training
    I'm using this 3 bar: https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/ls...ar-map-sensor/

ok I'm gonna start with the OL EQ ratio and see if that helps, if not I'll be changing injector min mg. thanks folks!

Tuner in Training
    ok so I've set EQ to 1 above 122* and played with the min/default injector pulse table as well as Min fuel mg but can't get this thing to respond to any of this...injector PW still won't go below 1.8ms.

right now my min injector pulse is all the way down to .198 across the board and min fuel mg is .008, still running as much as 28% rich at idle...am I missing something here?

FWIW when I get IAT heat soak it has no problems pulling idle AFR to lean of course