408 stroker
    80 mm. turbo
    76.2 lb injectors
    102 mm. throttle body
    6 speed manual
    p01 ECM
    cam specs- 218/224 .595"/ .598" 112+3
    317 heads

Can someone help point me in the right direction for a tune on an engine with these parameters. It cranks and idles but stalls off of idle. during open loop it starts revving to 2000 RPMs. If I crack the throttle it starts surging. I have a wide band 02 sensor coming, but hoping to get a head start. NEW BMW 567 3 BAR 2-10-23.hptbmw 657 2-10-23.hpl

Tuning Addict
    You really need to dial in a lot of things including etc scaler, fueling and spark. Looks like someone has already changed a lot...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You really need to dial in a lot of things including etc scaler, fueling and spark. Looks like someone has already changed a lot...

I have changed a lot. I have moved fueling to where I think it needs to be, but It doesn't respond the way I think it should. I'm not running ETC, so maybe that's the problem. I have a cable throttle body. How do I completely delete it. I turned it off in the system settings. what else?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyle View Post
    408 stroker
    80 mm. turbo
    76.2 lb injectors
    102 mm. throttle body
    6 speed manual
    p01 ECM
    cam specs- 218/224 .595"/ .598" 112+3
    317 heads

Can someone help point me in the right direction for a tune on an engine with these parameters. It cranks and idles but stalls off of idle. during open loop it starts revving to 2000 RPMs. If I crack the throttle it starts surging. I have a wide band 02 sensor coming, but hoping to get a head start. NEW BMW 567 3 BAR 2-10-23.hptbmw 657 2-10-23.hpl
    That looks odd. What brand?

Tuner in Training
    What do you mean by what brand?

Tuner in Training
    I'm interested in remote tuning if you do that. I believe some things are better done by the pro's, and I'm no pro!!!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyle View Post
    What do you mean by what brand?
    76.2 lbs/hr injector doesn't sound like any of the common GM injectors. What he's really asking do you have known good injector data for them in GM format. And what he is implying is that you probably don't have good data.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    76.2 lbs/hr injector doesn't sound like any of the common GM injectors. What he's really asking do you have known good injector data for them in GM format. And what he is implying is that you probably don't have good data.
    The injectors are Holley. techlibrary_terminatorxv2injectordata.pdf

Tuner in Training
    I wish I had better data on the Injectors. I thought by going with Holley I would get good info. My mistake! They do injectors completely different.

Holley injectors are meant to be used with Holley ECUs, where you just pick what you have from a menu. As far as I know there is no GM-format data for any Holley, FAST, Accel, MSD injectors. A post somewhere that says "well my buddy had some and used this data and it seemed to work OK" does not count.

Tuner in Training
    So where do you find factory GM 70 to 100lb injectors?

Senior Tuner
    Fuel Injector Clinic provides GM Data with their injectors,

The biggest factory injectors are from the LSA/LS9, and are only 53lb. GM did not ever use anything bigger in regular production.

For that size you need aftermarket injectors that come with data in GM format for use with a stock GM ECM/PCM. Do not buy anything without confirming there is data available first. Do not buy anything from an Ebay or Amazon store. Do not buy anything that's modified to flow more. There are lots of scumbags out there selling redrilled junkyard injectors for the same price as real ones with real data. Injector Dynamics, Fuel Injector Clinic, Fuel Injector Connection are probably the 3 most reputable.

Tuner in Training
    I really appreciate people offering me help and not just telling me what I've done wrong, but I don't have the opportunity to obtain the suggested parts before I need this thing running. If you had to use the parts list I've described, how would you go about doing so?

Advanced Tuner
    I would try to infer whatever I could based on whatever is available and maybe get lucky but probably not and waste a bunch of my time then realize I am making no progress and just buy the right parts then be done in one or two revisions after that.

Will it be easier to re-do everything after you blow it up, or just wait until you have the right parts?

Tuner in Training
    So I'm going to Summit in the morning to buy a Holley system to match my Injectors. Makes more sense for my application. Boost control, speed density, and live tuning. I wouldn't have gone with a gen 3 ecm to begin with, but I already had a Wiring specialties plug and play harness.

That's not a bad choice. Way too often people try to use the stock PCM when they really shouldn't, especially in swaps.

Tuning Addict
    Just make sure to save all of your timing maps in hpt - it's actually rather easy to copy lines of data out of hpt and put into the holley systems then interpolate to fill in the missing lines. You'll have to play with a lot of the transient and startup stuff, but the terminators - if they have them in stock are pretty decent systems...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    I use the Holley Dominator or Terminator x on all the turbo trucks and cars i build for customers. Its so much simpler and way more expandable.
    Wire in your front wheel speed sensor to the Holley for a crude traction control.