Thread: 07 Tahoe ltz 5.3, dropped FI, added carburetor

Tuner in Training

07 Tahoe ltz 5.3, dropped FI, added carburetor

Does anyone have a build that I could borrow or does anyone have an idea of what needs to be dropped off the current build to get this thing to run correctly?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertrw3 View Post
    Does anyone have a build that I could borrow or does anyone have an idea of what needs to be dropped off the current build to get this thing to run correctly?
    I'm afraid that you won't get many responses on this forum. It's dedicated to getting the EFI calibrated via HP Tuners. There won't be much carburetor info available.

Advanced Tuner
    So you put a carb on a 2007 tahoe?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    I'm afraid that you won't get many responses on this forum. It's dedicated to getting the EFI calibrated via HP Tuners. There won't be much carburetor info available.
    I think he is talking about changes to the tune? Which I think would be to turn off the DTC's that not having fuel injectors connected would cause.

Tuner in Training

2007 tahoe with a carb....

thing sat in a field for a couple years.... tons of misfires on 3, 4, 5 and 6 so I assumed it's wiring been chewed... cheaper to put a manifold and carb on then a new wiring harness.... it runs okay... just though maybe someone might have done this.....

Senior Tuner
    Does that carb have a TPS? Don't know how you are going to get the auto trans to shift without one.

Tuner in Training
    IMG_20230113_160341865~3.png

I removed the dtc having to do with the MAF sensor and injectors... this didn't help at all... like I did nothing...

this is a 2007... everyone says it will drop cylinders as needed for milage... however never saw it do that before and since.... tahoe idles very well and that is about it..
    Last edited by Robertrw3; 01-14-2023 at 08:48 AM.