Thread: CTSV going really rich at P/T load

Tuner in Training

CTSV going really rich at P/T load

My 2011 V is just a simple bolt on setup. 2.5/8.6, Kooks LTs offroad C, Airaid, DMS Heat Exchanger CWA pump, DSX Aux pump. Here is my file and log, Im in the process of tuning Part Throttle, But noticed my EQ dips to like .62 on a light load.

Thanks for any suggestions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lsxjunkie View Post
    My 2011 V is just a simple bolt on setup. 2.5/8.6, Kooks LTs offroad C, Airaid, DMS Heat Exchanger CWA pump, DSX Aux pump. Here is my file and log, Im in the process of tuning Part Throttle, But noticed my EQ dips to like .62 on a light load.

Thanks for any suggestions
    You most likely just need to re-adjust your maf curve considering you are running a maf only tune. It's dipping that rich when you are in Power enrichement (aka Open Loop) so you are no longer getting 02 sensor feedback. Who tuned you car?
    Last edited by sgod1100; 01-09-2023 at 08:08 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    You most likely just need to re-adjust your maf curve considering you are running a maf only tune. It's dipping that rich when you are in Power enrichement (aka Open Loop) so you are no longer getting 02 sensor feedback. Who tuned you car?
    It was originally tuned by a local shop, prior to adding the Longtubes and aux pump. Yea i figured it was a MAF Freq issue. but it wasnt showing to trigger PE mode even tho is was past the KPA trigger for it. But it was such a drastic dive that i didnt think the MAF curve was that far off. Was wondering if the FPCM settings werent causing the issue.

Senior Tuner
    This looks to me like the MAF just needs to be retuned. I always recommend VVE tuning also to go along with that. I know it is bolt on only but the changes are pretty drastic with mods.

I'll warn you that several times fuel pressure is on the high side.. It is doing a decent job following commanded fuel pressure. It is common for injectors to misfire or stop firing all together somewhere north of 80 psi.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    This looks to me like the MAF just needs to be retuned. I always recommend VVE tuning also to go along with that. I know it is bolt on only but the changes are pretty drastic with mods.

I'll warn you that several times fuel pressure is on the high side.. It is doing a decent job following commanded fuel pressure. It is common for injectors to misfire or stop firing all together somewhere north of 80 psi.
    Ill start scaling the MAF freq. based off EQ error then. Thanks for the reply. The FPCM settings for low/high command look ok? I was trying to find the PID for pump duty cycle, etc. I think I have a good list of PIDS currently.

I agree tho, I will tune the VVE table and look into their zones as well soon.
    Last edited by lsxjunkie; 01-09-2023 at 10:24 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It was originally tuned by a local shop, prior to adding the Longtubes and aux pump. Yea i figured it was a MAF Freq issue. but it wasnt showing to trigger PE mode even tho is was past the KPA trigger for it. But it was such a drastic dive that i didnt think the MAF curve was that far off. Was wondering if the FPCM settings werent causing the issue.
    Every time it went extremely rich your commanded went to 11.9 so that tells me you are now in PE. But yeah, adjust the maf curve and you should be good to go. FYI, on my ctsv I have VVE enabled up to about 3200 rpm. I've read that this helps with driveability of the car especially when cammed. Maybe that's something you should look into doing (tuning VVE). Honestly I've had my car on blended and maf only and I couldn't really tell a difference. Only reason I tuned my VVE was i am planning on camming my car in the future and wanted to get use to the process

Tuner in Training
    Every time it went extremely rich your commanded went to 11.9 so that tells me you are now in PE. But yeah, adjust the maf curve and you should be good to go. FYI, on my ctsv I have VVE enabled up to about 3200 rpm. I've read that this helps with driveability of the car especially when cammed. Maybe that's something you should look into doing (tuning VVE). Honestly I've had my car on blended and maf only and I couldn't really tell a difference. Only reason I tuned my VVE was i am planning on camming my car in the future and wanted to get use to the process
    Yea I agree on the commanded changing to 11.9 and then being in PE. Not sure why the PID doesnt reflect that. My tune has PE enable at 105kpa. I will go back and turn on VVE and turn it off commanded and er error. Going to tune some this evening. It was raining last night.

Log Fuel Trim Cell and you can see when you go into PE.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuner in Training
    Im making progress.... But I couldnt stand it and did a WOT hit. DAMNNN felt good and the fueling looks dead on. Where is the PE/COT Advance table? looks like it is adding to the base. but 22* seems like its ok on E70.

What is causing the cold crank fueling to be so rich? EQ command is like in the low .80s. Also im doing this MAF tuning FWIW with short term closed loop on.... Is this going to be an issue?

Thanks for the help guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You have 3.5 degrees of timing in the alcohol table. Thats PE/COT, put your mouse over it and read the bottom. I have the exact same setup on my V and I add all my FF timing in the FF table. Also I prefer the multi vs comp to be more linear, but whatever works for you...

I recently had an overly rich cold idle, which resulted in surging. I turned off all fuel modifiers (including o2 readiness, yours is still on), and retuned the maf. Problem is gone.

Even with 70 psi, you are out of fuel injector.

Your flex fuel table has positive values on the top. You should be running less timing at lighter loads on E. Shoot me your email address and ill send you my tune. you can compare some stuff.
    Last edited by justhereforinfo; 01-11-2023 at 05:55 AM.
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by justhereforinfo View Post
    You have 3.5 degrees of timing in the alcohol table. Thats PE/COT, put your mouse over it and read the bottom. I have the exact same setup on my V and I add all my FF timing in the FF table. Also I prefer the multi vs comp to be more linear, but whatever works for you...

I recently had an overly rich cold idle, which resulted in surging. I turned off all fuel modifiers (including o2 readiness, yours is still on), and retuned the maf. Problem is gone.

Even with 70 psi, you are out of fuel injector.

Your flex fuel table has positive values on the top. You should be running less timing at lighter loads on E. Shoot me your email address and ill send you my tune. you can compare some stuff.
    Would you mind sharing your tune with me? I'm probably going to be going FF in the future and like to have something to reference. [email protected]

In my opinion 2300 rpm cut off works better for cammed V, since our VVE table typically develops that stupid "ridge" right around the 2400rpm mark.
    Also Lambda is superior to AFR.

On some e67/V LTFTs will mess up/start making your tune extremely rich in about a week, specially if you have meth injection. Not sure if this applies to the OP.
    Last edited by mememe123; 01-12-2023 at 05:54 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mememe123 View Post
    In my opinion 2300 rpm cut off works better for cammed V, since our VVE table typically develops that stupid "ridge" right around the 2400rpm mark.
    Also Lambda is superior to AFR.

On some e67/V LTFTs will mess up/start making your tune extremely rich in about a week, specially if you have meth injection. Not sure if this applies to the OP.
    that ridge you are referring to is about 2600 rpm for my car (stock cam)...I was told by people smarter than me that it's reversion

Tuner in Training
    that ridge you are referring to is about 2600 rpm for my car (stock cam)...I was told by people smarter than me that it's reversion
    Do you still use dynamic fueling then up until 2600? And does it have an transient issue switching between dynamic and MAF only at that rpm?

Advanced Tuner
    Do you still use dynamic fueling then up until 2600? And does it have an transient issue switching between dynamic and MAF only at that rpm?
    Yes, i think mine is cut-off at 3000 rpm (haven't looked at my tune in a while). I have tried EVERYTHING that I know to try and get rid of it and I haven't been able to. I'm thinking it may be able to be fixed by manipulating the prediction coefficients, but I'm not smart enough to know how to properly do that. No transient issue that I'm aware of. I noticed it after removing my stock LSA injectors for some I.D. 850s. One I did do to help with the lean condition is I slowed down my 02 sensor switching...that seems to help a good amount. With my car being an m6 I can actually feel a slight lean surge when passing through that 2600 rpm area