Thread: Help with engine stutter and die

Tuner in Training

Help with engine stutter and die

I have a DBC L59 from a 2002 Tahoe that I swapped into my '86 Blazer. I drove around on this engine for several months with no real issues before this problem started, but every time I start it I get 10-15 minutes of good running before it stutters and dies. It's done this about 4 times now and the first 3 it would not restart for a period of time, the 4th time it restarted immediately after but did the same thing after only a couple of minutes. I've gone down the route of fuel pressure and I know that's not the issue. I was doing this test to check for spark during a restart attempt, but this time it restarted so I don't think that's it. I logged the initial start until it died, then separately logged the restart until it died. No codes came up during or after these logs.

Can someone take a look at the logs and tune I've attached and see if anything looks obvious? I'm wondering if I have a sensor that has gone bad or something. I thought it may be a wiring issue but I haven't found any burnt/cut/damaged wires and my grounds look good. I'm honestly just beyond my knowledge here and looking for some guidance.
    Died at idle 10_19_22.hpl
    restart and die 10_19_22.hpl
    K5_16fan settings attempt 3.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Here's a screenshot of the log file as it stumbled and died. Several things happened but I don't know enough to know what is a cause and what is an effect.
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 125832.png
    Last edited by pender1; 10-24-2022 at 12:39 PM.