Thread: Get 1C0000 Error

Tuner

Get 1C0000 Error

I get this error on my 07 TBSS when I do a write calibration only. Truck won't start etc... So I do the write entire with my stock file and everything is back to normal. Since the write entire works, can I do my new tune file with Write Entire instead of write calibration only so I can get the new tune file installed? just not sure if this method is ok. Thanks.

Tuner
    Well, after hunting around and gathering some info. It seemed like it was ok and I did my new tune with write entire, and it worked nice and smooth. So I gather with the 07 I need todo a "write entire" all the time and the write calibration has a glitch.

Is there maybe an update for this issue? will doing the write entire all the time for tuning be a problem, only takes an extra min or so, just don't want it to turn into an issue later on.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    E67 pcm's wont allow a write calibration a write entire must be performed.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 11-26-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    E67 pcm's wont allow a write calibration a write entire must be performed.
    is this something thats being worked on or are we stuck with it forever?

from what we can tell it's an issue with some of these E67 ECM's. Some work fine (eg. the ones on my bench), others only work for write entire. My guess is GM had a component change. Tech 2 always does a write entire so they never see the issue.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same issues with the 2007 MonteCarlo SS ... I guess thats an E67 as well. :|

Tuner in Training
    I thought I had read before there was a limited number of times you could write entire on a ecm? is this still true?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSBcolo
    I thought I had read before there was a limited number of times you could write entire on a ecm? is this still true?
    Never heard that before(other than rumor) but no it is NOT true.

Tuner in Training
    ok, thats good.

Flash memory has a limited number, but not a fixed number, of times it can be erased and rewritten before it fails to erase or write properly. You will likely not erase it the several thousand times that it's limit is. (Used to be much lower with older flash chips and technology.)

For some reason the VCM write entire recovery process does not rewrite the TCM. I found this when doing the write cal (failed with above code) and then having to do a write entire. The Writing TCM was not shown during the VCM recovery write entire process. I was going back to stock when I ran into this. AKA rev limiter at 6700 and shift points to take advantage of it, when the 'stock tune' hit the rev limiter... A write entire without the VCM recovery does write the TCM.

So if you run into this error code and recover the VCM - just do a second write entire to get the TCM on the same page as the tune you are loading.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Flash memory has a limited number, but not a fixed number, of times it can be erased and rewritten before it fails to erase or write properly. You will likely not erase it the several thousand times that it's limit is. (Used to be much lower with older flash chips and technology.)
    Our bench pcm's have seen more flashes than most will ever see in the real world and I've flashed my own personal vehicles hundreds of times without issue so this is really a non-issue.

For some reason the VCM write entire recovery process does not rewrite the TCM. I found this when doing the write cal (failed with above code) and then having to do a write entire. The Writing TCM was not shown during the VCM recovery write entire process. I was going back to stock when I ran into this. AKA rev limiter at 6700 and shift points to take advantage of it, when the 'stock tune' hit the rev limiter... A write entire without the VCM recovery does write the TCM.

So if you run into this error code and recover the VCM - just do a second write entire to get the TCM on the same page as the tune you are loading.
    If the ECM is in recovery we only write to it and do not mess with
    the tcm to avoid also putting the TCM in a recovery state, its a safety
    feature more than anything.

Advanced Tuner
    same problem on a 2006 g6 gtp

Tuner
    Same problem on my '06 Impala 3.5l
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

Potential Tuner
    I got the same error on my late year '07 TBSS. Bill @ HPTuners directed me here. Read everything over, did the write entire and have had no problemns since. I use the write entire always now, which does make me a little nervous but it works so oh well. Thanks again to Bill @ HPT for the prompt response and help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Newest beta software now allows write calibration only on these pcm's, contact support at hptuners.com for this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Newest beta software now allows write calibration only on these pcm's, contact support at hptuners.com for this update.
    X2
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap