Thread: DynoJet wideband configuration...

Tuner in Training

DynoJet wideband configuration...

OK, I must be missing something. I have read all the information I can find on the DJ WB, but I am still having problems getting it to read correctly in HPT. It keeps showing 11.5V and will go up to about 12.5V when I push the throttle with the car off. I am using a butane lighter (just the gas) at the sensor, and the guage is sweeping, but I can not get it to change in HPT.

I used the preset DJ WB configuration in HPT, what else to I need to do?

Thanks,
    Kevin

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    hptuners accepts a 0-5 v analog input...your saying its showing 11.5 volts? Im not following
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I guess I should say 11.5-12.5 then. Sorry, I was in a hurrry. I am not sure if it is just a coincidence about the TB voltage or what, but it does change when the Thottle is pushed.

Just to make sure, the DynoJet wideband analog signal only lists it as one wire. Is there supposed to be a ground going to the HPT pigtail? It (DJ) does not state anything about using any other wire as a ground along with the analog output wire.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    not sure...never used the dynojet setup, but there are others on here using with alot of success so you might wanna do a search & pm those that are using it for any advice they can offer.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    not sure...never used the dynojet setup, but there are others on here using with alot of success so you might wanna do a search & pm those that are using it for any advice they can offer.
    I did search, but found very little information. I guess I will go back and send some PMs.

Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Look in the Dynojet instructions sheets. There is a wiring change that has to be made on that unit in order to get the 0-5V output. The options were to drive an external gauge or analog out.

After that, there is no software configuration so you will be good to go.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    thanks Ken for the heads up

Tuner in Training
    This is all I have found. I have the yellow wire connected to pin 1 on the HPT pigtail. Am I supposed to remove one of the grounds that it says to tie together in a previous step and connect it to the HPT pigtail?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, but this is new to me.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSlayer
    This is all I have found. I have the yellow wire connected to pin 1 on the HPT pigtail. Am I supposed to remove one of the grounds that it says to tie together in a previous step and connect it to the HPT pigtail?
    Go down to page 10 in the install guide. Look and the Aquisition link output feature. You want the 0-5V output wiring. I also found the formula for what the wideband puts out voltage to AFR.

Tim
    GM World Class Technician
    ASE Master Auto Technician
    L1 Certification
    2001 Silverado 6.0L Swap

Tuner in Training
    OK, I got it working. Thanks to vuss383 and everyone else in this thread. Just in case someone down the road ends up in the same situation, here it is:

White wire with the yellow stripe goes to A/D input pin #1
    Black wire with gray stripe and white wire with green stripe goes to ground pin #5.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSlayer
    OK, I got it working. Thanks to vuss383 and everyone else in this thread. Just in case someone down the road ends up in the same situation, here it is:

White wire with the yellow stripe goes to A/D input pin #1
    Black wire with gray stripe and white wire with green stripe goes to ground pin #5.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Kevin
    Good to see you have it working Kevin !! Now your on your way to unleashing you engines true potential !! Well done for posting the wiring on here for everyone to see ( maybe I should have done that along with your pm )

GOOD LUCK !