Thread: Integrated HP tuners in my C6

Integrated HP tuners in my C6

Check it out guys,I just finished.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=63310

dude, thats sweet!
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Senior Tuner
    That is bad to the bone!

What music video was that?

-Ken

That is way too cool!
    Very nicely done.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Ken that was Metallica playing .Live in Sydney Australia. The video was "Nothing else matters".

Thanks for all the comps guys

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c6dude
    Ken that was Metallica playing .Live in Sydney Australia. The video was "Nothing else matters".

Thanks for all the comps guys

I thought I recognized them.
    Seems we have a similar taste in music

That installation turned out really clean. If this is not a setup you are going to sell would you mind sharing what you did and how you did it?

-Ken

Senior Tuner
    Uh oh, are you thinking of adding this setup to the work van Ken?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

That installation turned out really clean. If this is not a setup you are going to sell would you mind sharing what you did and how you did it?

-Ken

Thanks Ken,
    Here goes:

I started out with one of these.http://www.atacom.com/program/print_...IPC_AOPE_MI_03

By the time you load it up with upgrades the PC is about $900.00 -touchscreen $400- power supply $150. Then cables etc...

I powered it with a "smart" PC power supply so the computer shuts off when I shut the car off instead off killing the power.

I replaced the factory Nav system with a Eclipse DVD/Nav unit. It has an aux video input that I hooked up to TV out from the PC. that is what you see on my Dashboard.

I then added a handheld touchscreen monitor to have a screen to take out of the car for tuning, handing to the passenger to pick songs or whatever .There is a wireless keyboard/mouse combo in the back I pull out for extended typing.

I found it very easy and convienient to work with the touchscreen. You just pull it out of the center console and with the press of a button start logging or make tuning adjustments with my Palm Pilot stylus, it's so cool. I use a 1gig USB stick drive to transfer logs and tunes to and from my home PC.
    I installed a phone card slot so I can pop in my phone card and browse the internet wherever. It also has Wi-Fi for free network browsing in hot spots.
    It took many many hours to design install and wire the car properly. All connections are fused/relays, soldered and loomed.

My HP Tuners software is also comepletely integrated into the car I don't take it out. I modified my HP Tuners OBDII cable by splicing in a pushbutton switch to the power wire so I do not have to unplug it from my car every time to avoid battery drain. That is what you see in the pic hanging off the OBD2 cable.
    The rest of the wiring on the unit is hooked up to the HPT inputs for logging my AFR, EGT's,Boost and Fuel pressure.
    The harness you see next to the HPT cable is a switching adapter I put together so I can get a 0-5v signal from my EGT sensor for logging exhaust temps. When I'm not logging I just flip a the switch over to the ashtray display for cruising/monitoring.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Uh oh, are you thinking of adding this setup to the work van Ken?

No, the 84 Monte SS (whenever it gets done).

-Ken

wow, I really like your mobile PC.

Any idea how much that display weighs? I'd LOVE to add one to my race car.

Very impressive.

I'm reaching for my credit card... lol
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Thanks c6dude.

That is the info I was looking for. There is a lot of stuff on the market to do this type of thing, but you start getting into "which one should I buy?".

"It took many many hours to design install and wire the car properly. All connections are fused/relays, soldered and loomed."

Exactly. Nothing is worse than thinking it through only to find out you should have bought something else because you missed it on the search.

I really like that setup, and the only thing I would change is powering the OBDII pin 16 from an ignition sorce instead of vbatt (no switch needed).

The only thing you are missing at this point is the installation bay at your place for your customers

-Ken

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners

Very impressive.

Beat it I was here first

-Ken

hah. I'll order two displays, one for each of us.. Chris is SOL.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners

Very impressive.

Thanks Keith
    The display weighs in at about 1.5 - 2 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

I really like that setup, and the only thing I would change is powering the OBDII pin 16 from an ignition sorce instead of vbatt (no switch needed).

The only thing you are missing at this point is the installation bay at your place for your customers

-Ken
    The reason I used a switch was I did not want power to my HPT
    hardware every time I'm driving Only when I'm tuning. I did use an ignition source to power it though just in case I forget to turn it off.

Actually I do have a stall and a business called DPE Corvettes Heres a link.

http://www.DPECorvettes.com

I have a Spot at The Chevy Vette Fest at Rosemont this year . I will have my car there showing everybody the PC system etc.. Maybe I'll see some of you there .
    Last edited by c6dude; 07-30-2007 at 10:30 PM.