On the scanner there is no options to view any of the idle trims such as:
    1. stit
    2. ltit in gear
    3. ltit in p/n
    4. a/c
    5. start up
    etc.......

Does anybody else have this problem.

Correct. Not implemented at this time. Not even sure if it's available....

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

how are we supposed to tune the idle airflow without them?

LS2 idle is a whole new ballgame. I can safely assure you that you will need a dregree in engineering control systems to tune it.

There are no trims, its a continuous PI controller with various limits, the core function is a complex polynomial airflow estimator and all you can modify are the coefficients of the filter, one wrong move and the idle will become unstable or even oscillate.

I'm going to add some more where i can but the increased speed of the E40 and E38 and no requirement for IAC motor (ETC only supported) has really simplified the idle control but at the same time made it more complex for regular people to understand. In the editor there are the integral and proportional steps the control loop uses (this is the rate the airflow is adjusted) you can slow it down (reduce the numbers) to prevent the ETC chasing a large cam as it lopes. If you make the numbers to big the idle will go unstable.

Another thing to remember is GM has bugs too. The idle control is one area that they have had a number of issues some symptoms of which are idle just wandering off to 1500-2000rpm and just sitting there until you turn the key off. I'll attempt to add the tables and descriptive material required to enable people to tune the airflow prediction filter but it's not going to be easy.

eg.

Base Idle Airflow = K1.RPM + K2.RPM^2 + K3.MAP + K4.Spark + K5.Spark^2 + K6.RPM.Spark

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    that sounds like formulas i deal with at school. they are not fun.

i am glad i have my little old 98

good luck guys.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like I don't want to know... LOL.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Chris,
    Is the Idle Desired Airflow available? And we have Dynamic or MAF airflow. If so we can get the the difference & get some kind of simplified idle airflow control with out going into major math overload.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    any updates on this? been few months, and i have some big cam LS2's that are misbehaving at idle...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    any updates on this? been few months, and i have some big cam LS2's that are misbehaving at idle...
    mine will have a big cam and heads in about 2 months....want to tune it with hptuners

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    I've done a few and corrected idle and coast down issues, post your tune and I'll look at it if you want.

Only problem I'm having is with startup fuel. It's getting to much and doesn't seam to be responding to the tweaks
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

Potential Tuner

Question Tuning help! how to lean out gas for emissions?

hey guys, i am really new with the tuner software. i need to pass emissions with a 500hp LS1 1998 trans am that does not have cats on it. How can i adjust the amount of fuel going into the engine? also, the cam is over .600 and will the car be able to run at all if i take some of the fuel out?

Senior Tuner
    The cheating way: To pass emissions, set it with low timing until the idle sucks, use alcohol in the gas and use a new air filter.

Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06
    I've done a few and corrected idle and coast down issues, post your tune and I'll look at it if you want.

Only problem I'm having is with startup fuel. It's getting to much and doesn't seam to be responding to the tweaks
    Here's what I had to do to get my G5x3 to hot start without hitting the gas. It runs great all day long at 750 rpm ac on or off.

Idle startup airflow vs ert vs ect - added 35% to table 177-305
    Final idle airflow min -2 250-1000
    MAF 2800-3400 x 1.05 then 1.01
    Launch Spark set at stock
    2005 Vert Z51 MZ6
    Horsepower Sales 954-984-8040
    4:10's, FAST 92, A/R Headers w/cats, G5x3, .040 gaskets AFR 205 heads ORIG CLUTCH
    472rwhp/414rwtq
    Best pre-cam:1/4-1.730, [email protected]
    Best w-cam, pre-FAST 1/4-1.666, [email protected]
    Best w-cam & FAST 1/4-1.519, [email protected] DA-793
    Best w-cam & AFR heads 1/4-1.445, [email protected] DA-581 1/8-1.445, [email protected] DA-581
    Top speed 185 (so far...) 0-60 mph 2.59 sec (track)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUX3UNFl124

Potential Tuner
    hello Friend , how i can open throttle at fullf acceleration for caprice and yukon ?

Advanced Tuner
    This thread is 9 years old.... kinda doubt they will respond.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06 View Post

I?m having coast down issues with two cars I have tuned was wondering if you could steer me in the right direction! Standing idle is great but when you throw the cars in neutral when your going say 50mph they will hunt for idle until you come to a stop.

LOL... I love how this is still in the "Read Me/How To" section basically saying "Good luck idle tuning anything with an E40"
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template