Thread: How to upgrade to OS????

Tuner

How to upgrade to OS????

The tuner that did my car was a moron(tony at speed inc.) so i been fixing tune and found out he did not install for 3bar tune he installed 2bar. What would be the OS i need for 22-24psi boost???? When i log psi it stops at 206kpa i need it to go to 305kpa. My gauge in car at wot goes pass 22psi. What's up, how many credits do i need. And does all the info in 2bar OS gets transferred automatly or do i have to manually change over?? Are there any benefits to chugging to 3bar versus 2bar????
    Last edited by racerx203; 07-22-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Download info
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

The licensed vehicle shown in that file is the same car you're tuning now?
    If the tuner used your cable and spent 4 credits, then you need no more credits.
    Just open your stock tune file, apply a 3 Bar enhancement (if available), save it, do a write entire and thats it.
    You can copy most of the tables from the 2 bar to the 3 bar tune, no problem. Then do a write-calibration-only.

If the tune is as messed up as you say, is best to start over from stock file
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    The licensed vehicle shown in that file is the same car you're tuning now?
    If the tuner used your cable and spent 4 credits, then you need no more credits.
    Just open your stock tune file, apply a 3 Bar enhancement (if available), save it, do a write entire and thats it.
    You can copy most of the tables from the 2 bar to the 3 bar tune, no problem. Then do a write-calibration-only.

If the tune is as messed up as you say, is best to start over from stock file
    Thanks for the info. I had to use up credits to access the tune. I had to purchase HP to work on tune that tuner messed up i figure if he's a tuner i can learn this, so that's where i'm at. If i try to install 3bar it will automatically use credits if needed. Will i be able to use which OS i want when ever i want on the same car???? Or once i go to 3bar OS i can't go back???? Thanks for the help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Once you open the stock operating system under the OS tab you'll see what options are available. On some of the 99 Corvette files only 1 & 2 bar are available, no 3 bar. So that might be part of the issue.

Since you've already licensed the stock file for this pcm as well as the vcm enhancement once you open the stock file you can switch to any of the other available custom operating systems at no charge.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

You may want to verify what type of MAP sensor you have too. It may not go to 22psi.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Once you open the stock operating system under the OS tab you'll see what options are available. On some of the 99 Corvette files only 1 & 2 bar are available, no 3 bar. So that might be part of the issue.

Since you've already licensed the stock file for this pcm as well as the vcm enhancement once you open the stock file you can switch to any of the other available custom operating systems at no charge.
    Thankyou, when i open HP OS it shows 2 bar map applied. 3 bar Map Speed Density Not Applied. How do i apply the 3 bar Map SD
    On the bottom of OS ( A Write Entire must be performed for these chances to take effect)???????
    I looked up VCM Suite help and followed direction, when i open OS tap and click on 3 bar map nothing happens. I can't open any of the enhancements. Don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You may want to verify what type of MAP sensor you have too. It may not go to 22psi.
    Thankyou
    Last edited by racerx203; 07-23-2012 at 05:14 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx203 View Post
    Thankyou, when i open HP OS it shows 2 bar map applied. 3 bar Map Speed Density Not Applied. How do i apply the 3 bar Map SD
    On the bottom of OS ( A Write Entire must be performed for these chances to take effect)???????
    I looked up VCM Suite help and followed direction, when i open OS tap and click on 3 bar map nothing happens. I can't open any of the enhancements. Don't understand

Thankyou
    You need to open the stock file. You cannot convert a 2 bar file into a 3 bar file. You can only convert the stock file to a 3 bar file.

Tuner
    You need to open the stock file. You cannot convert a 2 bar file into a 3 bar file. You can only convert the stock file to a 3 bar file.
    I can't go back to the tuner. Where do i get the stock file to convert???????????

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats pretty much the only way. There might be a stock file you can use on the repository but it would need to match your stock operating system so you don't get a vin/os pair mismatch and you'll likely need to use additional credits to not only license the repository file but the custom operating system you're looking to apply to it.

Your best bet will be to get the stock file from the tuner.

Tuner
    Thats pretty much the only way. There might be a stock file you can use on the repository but it would need to match your stock operating system so you don't get a vin/os pair mismatch and you'll likely need to use additional credits to not only license the repository file but the custom operating system you're looking to apply to it.

Your best bet will be to get the stock file from the tuner.
    OK contacted the morons at speed Inc. They didn't save my original stock tune so i'm shit out of luck here???

Tuner
    Now i downloaded a 1999 stock tune file. Do i license it and then do the 3bar map upgrade OS and then flash my ecm???????

Quote Originally Posted by racerx203 View Post
    Now i downloaded a 1999 stock tune file. Do i license it and then do the 3bar map upgrade OS and then flash my ecm???????
    Yes, but it will cost you 4 credits, 2 for the file and 2 for the OS enhancement
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    This is my thread i forgot about. I gave up on 3 bar os after i couldn't get anywhere, but now that i have time again i would like to upgrade my os from 2 to 3bar.
    This is where i'm at i purchased a stock 1999 c5 corvette tune did all the nessaray steps to make it 3bar, but when i go to write entrie my ecu says invalid licence. How could it be invalid when i had to pay credits to use it??? I was told to change the vin#'s how is that done i try to change and it says it doesn't recognize os???? Any help would be great.

Ok, send me the VIN from your car (not the tune). Send it by PM
    I will try to find a compatible file so you can apply 3 bar and change the VIN to the file so it matches the one in the car.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS