Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Cool LNF Config File...

Advanced Tuner

Super Cool LNF Config File...

lol.

There's been some "discussion" elsewhere about LNF configs and the fact that a lot of guys aren't logging what you really need to be looking at. I'm gonna post up my config file again (I'm pretty sure I've posted it before but's it's probably been awhile). You're all welcome to use it or trash it as you please. Make sure you have everything in your Table Display that is showing in my screenshot. I'll also post screen shots of my "user defined parameters" also to make sure everyone can get the config working ok. Let me know if anyone has problems getting all the parameters reading ok. And also, ask questions before switching scales or readings back to what you're familiar with. There's usually a good reason for all of the values I've put into these charts. One thing I see all the time is guys have the charts scaled so high that everything just looks like straight lines.

Try it out and enjoy!

John

Here's the config file hiding at the bottom-

Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 07-22-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: (Turned images back on 7-21-14)

WIN!!

Thanks GMTech!!!

Tuner
    Thanks for the post! I'm new to LNF's and tuning in general so this I hope will help show me a lot.

Tuner in Training
    Great post!!!! Thanks John

Tuner in Training
    Can't wait to compare yours to mine!

Tuner
    Anyone else willing to upload their config files?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for sharing, John.

Mostly what i had, going to add the compensated cam pids, thanks for posting!

why is it telling me unable to parse log when i go to open it?
    2008 Sky RL

Need a newer beta. Contact support.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

^^That and you need to open the config file from the scanner itself. If you try to open it by just clicking the config file itself in your config folder, or selecting open now after you download it you will recieve that message.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

i doubt its the beta, just got it like 2 weeks ago.

ill try out the other method. i had this problem a while back and figured it out but i wasnt lucky this time around lol.
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner in Training
    Any thoughts or ideas as to why it shows 2.1 PSI at idle for boost. Are you on 3 bar sensors?

Tuner
    I'm having a lot of trouble with the Boost2. I have it set up exactly as it is above, but it just won't register when I'm logging as a supported parameter.

i had to manually remake Intake and Exhaust Cam Compensation pids, delete the <unsupported parameters> pids (the intake and exhaust cam compensation pids in the table display pic in the first post), reinsert them into the table display, then delete them from the graph and reinsert them. histogram #9, cam overlap, didnt show anything until i made the exhaust pid. why was that?

histogram #5 VE Narrowband O2's doesnt show anything, the pid is showing <unsupported parameter>. what pid should be there?

histograms #3, #8, and #12, LT + ST Fuel Trims, Boost, and Knock Retard all have jmh after them. does that mean something?

histograms #3, #4, and #6 all have red * under them. what does that mean?

why wasnt everything already done? only a few things were out of whack but still i thought the whole point of using a premade .cfg file was that everything was already done. sorry if these are silly questions im still trying to learn how to use the scanner efficiently and how everything works.

thanks for any answers you have.
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner
    Ok so I have tried every combination I can think of and that I have dug up on this forum, and nothing seems to be working for me regarding a custom Boost PID. I saw the one listed above in the OP, and nothing. I have tried some I found in the custom PID thread, and still nothing. All I get is unrecognized parameter.

I am running the most recent beta, and if anyone knows of a PID formula they know for sure works please send it my way. Haha

Make sure you have PID.2340 (baro sensor) and PID.2339 (boost sensor) added into your primary table seperately or else the custom pid will not work. The same thing goes for any custom pid. All pids making up a particular custom pid MUST be in your primary table individually in order to function correctly.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    Make sure you have PID.2340 (baro sensor) and PID.2339 (boost sensor) added into your primary table seperately or else the custom pid will not work. The same thing goes for any custom pid. All pids making up a particular custom pid MUST be in your primary table individually in order to function correctly.
    Just to air on the side of caution I added all the PID's under the airflow selection, and still nothing. I added the custom PID and all it says is unrecognized.

If someone who is running the most recent version could copy and paste a custom PID that is working for them. I'd like to give it one more try before I start bugging HPT about this.

Do I need to play with the format? I've seen it mentioned that putting PID.2340.PSI for example is a solution, but I tried that and with the two PID's and I tried PID2340.PSI and PID.2340PSI. and nothing worked...

This is the pid I use to measure the boost in my charge pipe and I KNOW for a fact that it works, quite simply because I've been logging with it for quite a while now. I did have a small issue with the pid when I reconfigured my primary table and accidently forgot to add the lowres boost pid back to my table. Anyways, this is the exact pid I use.. [PID.2338.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI]

Here is a screen shot of a datalog and my table configuration to show you how I have mine set up. I know it's not as super cool as GMTech's is ( ), but will at least give you an idea to see what you're looking for if you want to test out the pid.

Edit: Also remember that you will need to record a new log with the new custom pid in order for it actually work. If you just open up an old log file that didn't have the pids in your primary table while you recorded the log, the subsequent log will not have recorded the custom pid values.
    Last edited by Freakotec; 07-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    This is the pid I use to measure the boost in my charge pipe and I KNOW for a fact that it works, quite simply because I've been logging with it for quite a while now. I did have a small issue with the pid when I reconfigured my primary table and accidently forgot to add the lowres boost pid back to my table. Anyways, this is the exact pid I use.. [PID.2338.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI]

Here is a screen shot of a datalog and my table configuration to show you how I have mine set up. I know it's not as super cool as GMTech's is ( ), but will at least give you an idea to see what you're looking for if you want to test out the pid.

Edit: Also remember that you will need to record a new log with the new custom pid in order for it actually work. If you just open up an old log file that didn't have the pids in your primary table while you recorded the log, the subsequent log will not have recorded the custom pid values.
    I work for another 3 hours so I won't be able to test it until I get off work. If that formula measures the boost in the charge pipe, what does the formula GMTech provided in the OP measure? ([PID.2339]*9.369)-([PID.2340]/6.895)-.53 is the formula I believe, Would I be better off changing it too ([PID.2339.PSI]*9.369)-([PID.2340.PSI]/6.895)-.53?
    Last edited by LNFnewb; 07-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.