Thread: Colorado - Write Not Allowed

Tuner

Colorado - Write Not Allowed

Just had a customer come and leave.

2007 Colorado with the 3.7 I5 motor. Read his file no problem, licensed single vehicle only, did my editing. Went to flash the first revision and the flash message box stalled at #2 Validating License and read "Write Not Allowed" in red lettering. I can reread the PCM and not have it ask for licensing but I can't flash it with either the stock or the revised file.

Pulled PCM fuse for a minute, no change. Don't believe the issue is his vehicle, doesn't get to the communicating with vehicle stage.

I installed the latest beta this morning after the issue. No change. I think I last updated in Feb.

I've emailed support but wanted ask here as well if this has happened to anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Werid. My dad's colorado did the same thing when I went to flash it the first time. Went back in the house and had lunch and it worked when I tried again.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Potential Tuner
    im also getting this.. beta version 2.23.279
    is there a newer version?

Check if you have good battery charge. With a few vehicles I had to hook a battery charger to be able to flash (set it to 2 Amp)

With some vehicles you need to pull fuses of electronic devices which are tapping into the communication bus (stereo for example), try one at a time and don't unplug TCM fuse.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I know this is just going to sound crazy because we're all techs here and all but.... Those damn trucks are just plain cursed in my opinion.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are having an issue with beta software please email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"