Thread: Crank Relearn SAAB 2.0L swapped LSJ Cobalt (SC)

Advanced Tuner

Crank Relearn SAAB 2.0L swapped LSJ Cobalt (SC)

Does anyone know the crank relearn procedure for the LSJs. This one has a stock LSJ ECM but has a SAAB 2.0T motor sans turbo it has the stock eaton blower. The sensors are different on the SAAB motor I know that.

Advanced Tuner
    Connect to the car but dont log. Go to the Special in the menu where you can clear fuel trims and such (forgot the name). Wait for it to say ready (car must be warm and it has to ready some other sensors), click start, basically just hit the gas. Itll hit a rev limit and youll be done.

It states to gradually increase RPM which I have tried and that does not work. We just had to hit the gas and quickly allow the RPM to increase unitl rev limit.

This worked for me on the first try.. Car has to be up to temp.

CASE Learn: To use the CASE learn function please follow these steps:
    1. Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual)
    2. Turn off all accessories and A/C
    3. Turn the vehicle off.
    4. Apply the parking brake
    5. Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
    5. Start the vehicle and let it idle.
    6. Press Begin.
    7. Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
    8. Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
    9. Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 383_Stroker View Post
    This worked for me on the first try.. Car has to be up to temp.

CASE Learn: To use the CASE learn function please follow these steps:
    1. Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual)
    2. Turn off all accessories and A/C
    3. Turn the vehicle off.
    4. Apply the parking brake
    5. Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
    5. Start the vehicle and let it idle.
    6. Press Begin.
    7. Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
    8. Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
    9. Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.
    Hope this works for you term. I think mine only wanted about a 2 second rev or it would abort.
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 03-14-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys.

Potential Tuner
    hey you guys are talking about me lol thanks term

Tuner in Training
    This might need to be done on my buddies cobalt. Hes doing the the saab swap.