Thread: Individual injector offset

Individual injector offset

How about an individual injector offset in the E38. I am not talking about the offset of the injectors, v vs. delta press, but a individual so if you have an injector that is 98% you can adjust that injector.

Advanced Tuner
    I've seen that in other software on the Ford Spanish Oak platform. Not all platforms support it. It works like a Lamda for each injector. So that way you can make each individual cylinder fuel differently. On many 3V 4.6L fords it is good to increase injectors in the front of the block for airflow reasons too.

Remember, HPT is mostly just letting us modify existing tables. They dont go through and write in additional tables for the ECM.

I thought they were asking what we would like. The E38 already supports it, it just has to be written into the HP software.

i haven't added these cylinder gains in the past becuase they are typically only enabled for development use. Enabling them may compromise code execution times at higher RPMs (> 4000) for other things (ie. it might break other stuff at higher RPMs) - i guess it's more a dev feature for GM calibrators who in theory know what they are doing

i can add them in but use at own risk....
    I count sheep in hex...

Sweet!!! I will experiment some on a NA LS3 to see if there are any ill effects.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I'll stick to just buying injectors that are dynamically matched. Lol.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I'm not using it to match injectors but rather distribution for nitrous! Certain cylinders are most def hotter than others and we spent ALOT of time on our shop car (08 LS3 C6) dialing in the individual timing per cylinder. The car shows it at the track too being the fastest 6spd LS3 on CF with a 9.98@139 with camshaft, headers and a single NX shark nozzle.

YouTube HD
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 01-13-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I was replying to the OP.

Direct port that thing!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    I'm not using it to match injectors but rather distribution for nitrous! Certain cylinders are most def hotter than others and we spent ALOT of time on our shop car (08 LS3 C6) dialing in the individual timing per cylinder. The car shows it at the track too being the fastest 6spd LS3 on CF with a 9.98@139 with camshaft, headers and a single NX shark nozzle.

YouTube HD
    Is that Jared's car?

Edit: I just saw the rest of the videos so yeah it is. Does he have a cage or roll bar?
    Last edited by SargeZ06; 01-13-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I'll stick to just buying injectors that are dynamically matched. Lol.
    I agree, however I have been flowing some "matched" injectors and finding they are not matched. I have a flow bench for them and with the larger injectors you can only flow static for about 5-10 seconds. most of them are pretty close at that point. But when you stretch out the time that distance is a little larger. I have also been playing with them at 50% duty cycle over 500 injections and they are still not perfectly matched. While I realize this is being overly anal, I wanted to see if I could adjust them in the calibration so that each one was flowing or delivering the exact same amount of fuel. Also I am not working with a set of ID's injectors so I don't want someone to assume theirs do not match what they say. I am working with a set of Deka 60's. However I am seeing the same pattern on most anything that has been on our flow bench right now.
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    i haven't added these cylinder gains in the past becuase they are typically only enabled for development use. Enabling them may compromise code execution times at higher RPMs (> 4000) for other things (ie. it might break other stuff at higher RPMs) - i guess it's more a dev feature for GM calibrators who in theory know what they are doing

i can add them in but use at own risk....
    I understand and with any of this stuff we have to accept responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
    I agree, however I have been flowing some "matched" injectors and finding they are not matched. I have a flow bench for them and with the larger injectors you can only flow static for about 5-10 seconds. most of them are pretty close at that point. But when you stretch out the time that distance is a little larger. I have also been playing with them at 50% duty cycle over 500 injections and they are still not perfectly matched. While I realize this is being overly anal, I wanted to see if I could adjust them in the calibration so that each one was flowing or delivering the exact same amount of fuel. Also I am not working with a set of ID's injectors so I don't want someone to assume theirs do not match what they say. I am working with a set of Deka 60's. However I am seeing the same pattern on most anything that has been on our flow bench right now.
    Justin
    That's why I made the comment that I did. ID matches the way you're trying to.

I like and support what Injector Dynamics is doing. Not enough "tuners" are looking at the basics and by that I mean the accuracy of the sensors on the car. Just like before I was talking about the MAF's and IAT'S being off, well that is just as important.
    I have not flowed a set of ID injectors, but after seeing what I have seen from other very reputable sources, I no longer will take that they are matched for granted. So back to my original post. As the end user, having that table in the cal will allow me to do that. You can't do anything to the injector to make it add or remove a couple of percentage points, but if you can do it in the cal then that will work.
    Chris,
    How does that table work. Does it basically take the end result of what the ECU determines to be how many ms to fire the injector and then multiply it by that injector table. So lets say if it was calling a 6ms fire it would then multiply that by .98 if I had that in the table, so my actual time would be 5.88ms or so.
    Thanks in advance.
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
    You can't do anything to the injector to make it add or remove a couple of percentage points, but if you can do it in the cal then that will work.
    No, but you can characterize 500 injectors and put sets together with matching response times.

Yes if you have that many injectors than it does work. However that does not help me when I already have a set of injectors here. Not someone else's redrilled injectors but just a stock set of Bosch injectors. This is a easy way to get them corrected. If you are going to buy new injectors then you are correct if the ID's are dead on that is who you should go with. Back to the original statement though, with a table there it gives the ability to tweak them to make sure. I do plan on playing with this table in my race car to see what all will effect it. My car has a EGT sensor per header tube so I can monitor if adjusting the injector any is actually producing a result.

Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    Is that Jared's car?

Edit: I just saw the rest of the videos so yeah it is. Does he have a cage or roll bar?
    Yeah it's Jared's. All I can say about that car is its a freak! Don't know if you saw the video but it stayed door to door with Silvers old 384 Z06 motor to motor.
    ShorTuning