Thread: 60lbs Injector Idle Quality

60lbs Injector Idle Quality

Alright, I've got my car running pretty good. 2007 Mustang GT with 60lbs Siemens Deka injectors with FRPP fuel pumps on a 5.0. I have the minimum injector pulsewidth set to 0.94986 per RWTD and have all the other injector values and fuel pump values set up correctly, I believe.

I was just wondering if there is any trick to help smooth out the idle with these injectors. I know if I add fuel, or raise the min PW, that the idle smooths out but I move away from lambda and DFCO doesn't function properly. Is there any trick to making these injectors idle smoothly?

Some people on other forums report that their Mustangs idle smoothly with 60s and others report issues similar to mine. Maybe elevation is a factor as I am 5200ft above sea level and a lower elevation would have more air density and would require more fuel? Any help would be appreciated. Tune below.

Tuner

Thumbs up

Try playing a little with increasing you injector flow low slope value it helps in compensating a little if you increase the number you decrease fuel

I had this same problem with this injectors and setting min pw to 1 fixed the problem,
    Last edited by caniggia; 09-04-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    Datalog timing and see how much it jumps around. Some strategies will reference the decel spark table at idle. I suggest setting your timing low (via the idle and drive neutral spark tables if you have them) around 8 or 10 degrees and see if that helps.