Thread: HELP Getting KR with New Setup

HELP Getting KR with New Setup

Hi,

I am getting knock retard when engage part throttle at lower rpms. I am also getting KR at wide open throttle. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to fix this issue.

The car is in SD mode, i have been working on getting the cruise set and about got it done. I would like to solve this KR issue before i do more wide open runs. Tuning is with a AEM wideband and on the street.

2000 Camaro SS 6Speed
    Modifications are G5X3 112LSA, AFR 205 heads, LS6 intake, stock injectors, 1/7/8 headers, with catted y pipe and stock ypipe back.

I have attached the latest program and scan. If someone can take a look i would really appriciate it.

If im doing something wrong please let me know.

Update,

everything is looking good, i have removed timing on the upper end to 25 and the car is running great. I am still getting KR at cruising in a higher gears but ive removed some of the timing and it is going away. My Lambda% error is around +/-3 which is looking really good. Hopefully today i can start on the MAF calibration.

One thing i have seen though is last night i did a WOT run and my injector duty cycle hit 100%. Anyone with a similar setup to mine have to change the injectors?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I needed larger injectors when I was cam only. With heads and cam you will need injectors for sure.

Thanks for the info, what injectors did you go with?

Tuner in Training
    I'm using Ford Motorsport 30# (Skinny) p/n M-9593-BB302. I'm running around 80% duty cycle with my 230/234 cam and ported 243 heads. You may need larger injectors than me with your afr's; just make sure GOOD data is available for whichever injectors you buy.

Ok thanks, i have will probably look into the for green top 42# injectors.

Tuner in Training
    You might want to consider the Ford 39# injectors from an 03-04 Cobra (p/n M-9593-m39) . They flow a little less than the 42# green tops but they are a newer/better design in my opinion. If those are not large enough you could try the Ford 47# injectors (p/n M-9593-G302) from the GT500. If you have plans for the car in the future I would recommend going with the larger 47# injectors.

Tuner in Training
    BTW, the 47# injectors use a different connector

What is the name of the connector, I guess an adapter can be used?

Tuner in Training
    Your camaro has an EV6 connector.
    39# Ford injectors have an EV6 connector.
    42# Ford Green tops have an EV1 connector.
    47# Ford injectors have a USCAR connector.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, you can buy an adapter

Thanks again for the info.