Thread: Trouble tuning 06 Cobalt SS

Tuner in Training

Trouble tuning 06 Cobalt SS

2006 Cobalt SS/SC g85

They spent 4 hours tuning the car. it gained probably 60hp at the bottom, but only 10hp up top.

The problem is, the car is bleeding off at least 3psi up above 5000. I think it's knocking. What would be the problem here? I want to tell my tuner.

My mods are injen intake, stock header, zzp downpipe, magnaflow catback, 60's 2.7 pulley, and zzp stage 3 HE with single pass.

He's blaming it on the fact that I am building heat, but wasn't there the guy who did 303whp with no cooling mods? I personally think it's something with the tune.

225whp at friggin 18psi??? people are getting these kind of numbers stock! I understand there's heat, but seriously??

Also, the car went into "Engine power reduced" mode yesterday...Like limp mode? what is this? What can I do?

Didn't adjust the Desired Tq table, boost will drop with stock settings in that table.

Also, if your IC Pump isn't working the IAT2's are sky high and will also reduce boost and power significantly. Need to see the tune and a log

Tuner in Training
    I'll ask about that "Desired Tq" table.

Big question I've asked a lot: How do you know if the IC pump is working or not?

Open the cap and look

Also, look at the temps, you will know immediately..

Advanced Tuner
    If you dont see fluid flowing the pump is dead more than likely dead or you dont have enough coolant. If your tuner did it right he would have the pump turn on when the car is in the on position. you should hear a buzz/hum near the front of the car.. Or get under the front and you will be able to hear the pump. If not hit the mount with a hammer. It should turn back on, that will indicate you need a pump. Obviously first ask your tuner if the pump turns on right away.

Tuner in Training
    He said he disabled the desired tq tables. or something. I asked him what the table was, he told me, then said, "your's is disabled" what would that do?

No such thing lol... Wow.

Advanced Tuner
    Well there is something wrong if you are going into limp mode. Who is your tuner? As for the heat soak your car will start pulling timing at around 160ish IAT2, so the tuner is correct about that. You need cooling mods.

Tuner in Training
    found out the intercooler pump is actually out. Thanks BYT. hehe. Sorry for doubting.

NP, glad you got it figured out. That will make a huge difference for you!

Guy might have just maxed out the table and thats what he means by disable.