Thread: changing from 2 to 3 bar tune

changing from 2 to 3 bar tune

I have a 2-bar tune in my 2002 PCM on my Vette. Wanting to change to 3-bar tune. I pulled up a MAF tune from another car and it will allow me to click on any of the OS upgrades. Does this mean I'll have to try and find one of my old MAF tunes and apply the 3-bar to it? If I can't find it, I have to go to the repository and download a 2002 MAF tune for a manual Vette and modify it?

Thanks.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Stick with a MAF tune from YOUR car to make the base with. Some random repository tune will not have the CASE data that is unique to your car and unless you have unlimited VIN/OS enhancements it will cost you $200 in credits. If going back to an old MAF file from your own car then it's licensed and enhancements are already paid for.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Stick with a MAF tune from YOUR car to make the base with. Some random repository tune will not have the CASE data that is unique to your car and unless you have unlimited VIN/OS enhancements it will cost you $200 in credits. If going back to an old MAF file from your own car then it's licensed and enhancements are already paid for.
    Thank you Steve.
    I was able to find the original MAF file from my car. My 2-bar tune is good. I am just boosting far beyond the sensors' ability to read, hence the upgrade to 3 bar. So you're saying that once I copy all of my 2-bar tables in to my 3-bar, plug it in to my PCM, it won't be asking for more credits??
    I hope that's what you're saying and you're correct. (which I'm sure you are after 1000+ tunes ) I could use the break.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Ok thanks again Frost.

It worked and didn't ask for more credits.
    Just an FYI for everyone else.

Tuner in Training
    I am wanting to convert to the 3-bar from the 2-bar, as well, and was curious if I have to flash the stock file back into the car to make the switch?

I don't have it and that is my concern.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris View Post
    I am wanting to convert to the 3-bar from the 2-bar, as well, and was curious if I have to flash the stock file back into the car to make the switch?

I don't have it and that is my concern.
    You don't to FLASH back to stock but you need the stock operating system to convert to a custom operating system.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You don't to FLASH back to stock but you need the stock operating system to convert to a custom operating system.
    If I am already running a custom 2bar OS, does a conversion still need to be done?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are trying to convert to 3 bar then yes.

Tuner in Training
    If you are trying to convert to 3 bar then yes.
    Damn, I was under the impression that I just apply the 3bar OS. First, I was to apologize for such elementary questions, but this is the first I've done this. So I apply the stock OS, THEN apply the 3bar custom OS.

Im under the impression this will cost no extra credits since I already have a custom 2bar in place?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No just OPEN the stock operating system(doesn't need to be the stock tune just the stock operating system) apply the custom os of your choice & write entire.

Tuner in Training
    No just OPEN the stock operating system(doesn't need to be the stock tune just the stock operating system) apply the custom os of your choice & write entire.
    Ok, thank you Bill. I need to go pick up a 3bar MAP and Ill get after it on my spare time.
    Thank you again for the help

Tuner in Training
    OK I know this is an old thread but I am not sure exactly how to do this I bought my HTP after my car already had a 2 bar tune in it so I never had to do this and I Am upgrading to 3 bar now. Can someone walk me through changing the OS back to the stock OS then changing to 3 bar. I am a little lost and no seeing how to do it.