Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy with sts turbo says they are giving him a two step in software is this possible?

Guy with sts turbo says they are giving him a two step in software is this possible?

Like the title say. Local guy got sts turbo and the sts guy told him he can give him a two step in software. I didn't think you could do this on these cars.
    I had to buy hardware msd two step to do it supposedly. Be a bit ticked if can just do it in software.
    I can do it with software in my talons no problem.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Potential Tuner

sts 2 step

yes, Rick can install a 2 step rev limiter into the tune if you use the predator tuner. What I had to do was have the tune downloaded via the internet to my predator then loaded the predator tune into the car then copied the tune into my hp tuner and it works perfectly.

Uh, share please! I didn't think anyone had this working.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Yes ?so cant' we do it then???
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection

Advanced Tuner
    set the park/neutral rev limiter to what ever you want and any time your foot is on the clutch it will enable the limiter

It can't be that easy...

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 05-13-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    yep done it heaps of times.. its that easy...

So this is six speed solution only obviously. Auto guys would still have to buy the msd or other two step. Since revving it in neutral and slamming it into drive would not be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    It can't be that easy...

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    It really is that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    So this is six speed solution only obviously. Auto guys would still have to buy the msd or other two step. Since revving it in neutral and slamming it into drive would not be a good thing.
    That's why you stall up in gear...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    Auto's need a properly sized stall and a brake
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner
    Still better off with a real launch controller. I used that method and you need the mod for the clutch so the switch isnt so sensitive, leaving you bouncing off a 3600rpm limiter between shifts isnt cool. Even with the mod for the switch I wasnt happy with it and got the lingenfelter launch controller.
    '03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 14.5 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, 415 Stroked LSA, 9:1 Compression Manely Forged Pistons&Rods, Total Seal Rings, K1 4" Forged Crank, Dart PRO 1 CNC Heads, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Lingenfelter Launch Controller,line locks, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02, MOV-IT Brakes.

Bill did you try this??
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

No, not yet.
    Bill Winters

Thumbs up

I changed my park/neutral limit to 3500 at lunch yesterday. Works just like a 2-step except it doesn't quit until the clutch is fully engaged (pedal all the way back up). I suspect this will result in slower 60' times at the track, but I plan to experiment with it this Friday evening. The other cool benefit is being able to flat foot the throttle between shifts.
    I would be interested in knowing what this is "the mod for the clutch so the switch isnt so sensitive".

The Fuel Cutoff RPM vs Gear table also has two columns between 6th gear and P/N. What are those tables for and how can they be controlled? Is it possible to trigger those two columns with a pushbutton similar to the clutch switch?

The problem is you have a fuel cut and it can make for a worse bog. Also, in 6 speed cars there are instances where the P/N fuel cut will activate in gear as well, rendering it useless.

Buy a 2 step
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    The mod is a relocation bracket for the clutch switch (available from STS). It moves it up maybe an inch or too, cant remember. It does make it so you have to be careful with using the clutch to disengage the cruise control. And I have experienced those instances where it activates in gear, thats why I gave up messing with it and got a real launch controller.
    '03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 14.5 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, 415 Stroked LSA, 9:1 Compression Manely Forged Pistons&Rods, Total Seal Rings, K1 4" Forged Crank, Dart PRO 1 CNC Heads, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Lingenfelter Launch Controller,line locks, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02, MOV-IT Brakes.

from all i read before it is not good to use that as a 2step because it cuts fuel and not spark Which people say it could cause issues eventually from being so lean.

I myself have used it before without issues but I am just telling what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    from all i read before it is not good to use that as a 2step because it cuts fuel and not spark Which people say it could cause issues eventually from being so lean.

I myself have used it before without issues but I am just telling what I read.
    cutting fuel is not a lean condition...
    no fuel = no mixture

its actually safer than cutting spark
    when you cut spark you can wash down the cylinder walls if you lean on it too long...

when you cut fuel you just have a spark plug making commotion with no fuel to ignite... no worse than making the plug fire in free air outside of the engine.
    -Scott -

yah but u might have fuel still there in the runners do you not ??? which could cause the lean issue.

Again like I said that what i have read. I have used this before and it works great for me

Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    yah but u might have fuel still there in the runners do you not ??? which could cause the lean issue.

Again like I said that what i have read. I have used this before and it works great for me

our injectors are set up to fire completely before the intake valves open(on a stock cam)
    on our aftermarket cams.. the injector has completed long before the valves close..
    you shouldnt have any fuel hanging out in the runners with that...
    and if you do it will be such a small amount that its not going to matter anyways and will not light off..

theres just not enough fuel to worry about with a fuel cutoff style limiter..

you may see a lean reading on a wideband o2 sensor because of the gap between real injections and fuel cut and the nature of our software that averages data

a spark cut is faster and holds the rpm better than a fuel cut...but a fuel cut is cleaner and in general safer...unless you are spraying Nitrous... then it can be very dangerous if not set up correctly
    -Scott -