Thread: Can You Tune Ford And Gm With Same Mpvi Pro?

Potential Tuner

Can You Tune Ford And Gm With Same Mpvi Pro?

I was hoping to be able to buy another model, instead of carying multiple cables, how do I do both ford and GM vehicles? I have the pro with gm credits now, what would I have to do

Thanks

You need to purchase Ford credits, no need for additional hardware.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    You need to purchase Ford credits, no need for additional hardware.

SWEET

no new license info or anything I suppose, just plug and play with credits

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    also what is the quickest way yo receive the credits? as in same day, is that an option?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Purchase them via your customer login page at www.hptuners.com application key for credits is an instant, automated, service.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I just want to make sure I am clear on this. I am thinking of purchasing the pro suite. I have an 04 f150 I would like to use 2 of the 8 original credits to license, but apply the other 6 to a GM model/year.

If I undersand correctly are you saying all my initial credits must go towards Ford vehicles and in order to get GM tuning using the same hardware initially purchased I would have to purchase GM credits independent of the initial 8. Is that correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealPSI View Post
    I just want to make sure I am clear on this. I am thinking of purchasing the pro suite. I have an 04 f150 I would like to use 2 of the 8 original credits to license, but apply the other 6 to a GM model/year.

If I undersand correctly are you saying all my initial credits must go towards Ford vehicles and in order to get GM tuning using the same hardware initially purchased I would have to purchase GM credits independent of the initial 8. Is that correct?
    If that is your scenario I would recommend just purchasing the GM Suite since you want to apply 6 credits towards GM vehicles then just purchase 2 ford credits to tune your fseries and you'll have 2 GM credits left over, unfortunately to make our system easier on us your unit MUST be designated as GM or Ford up front and you get 8 credits of that make and those credits cannot be swapped out for a different type hence the reason for the GM Suite recommendation in your case since you want to use more GM credits than ford.

-Bill

If I purchase a second hand gm model, can I use it on my ford? Is it just ford credits I need to purchase? Also any fees or extra costs to transfer the unit over to me?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosij View Post
    If I purchase a second hand gm model, can I use it on my ford? Is it just ford credits I need to purchase? Also any fees or extra costs to transfer the unit over to me?
    You need to purchase Ford credits, no need for additional hardware and no transfer fees.

If I want to tune my gt350 with a whipple and then my f150 ecoboost will the 8 ford credits be enough for both cars?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, it should be more than enough

Potential Tuner
    I have only GM credits on my MPVI Pro, and it won't "read" the ecm on my 2007 F250 6.0 Powerstroke. Do I need to purchase the Ford credits before the "read" function will work?
    Also, pretty sure this 6.0 already has tune on it (just seat-of-the-pants feel). No plug-in tuner came with the truck, so I have no access to the stock tune.
    Does anyone have a stock tune file, willing to share?