Thread: G8 V6 support? Really?

G8 V6 support? Really?

I've been away for awhile (bought a v6 G8) and just popped on the forum to find that the G8 V6 is now supported. Is this true? I thought the LY7 wasn't in the plans due to the ECM/PCM.

I just wanted to confirm before I buy a few more credits to try it out. Search didn't really confirm anything for me.

Last edited by radkon; 09-01-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've confirmed Its E77 so should be supported, trying reading it out though as nobody has tried thus far.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi Bill,

How has your answer changed since April? See this thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22430

-Dennis-

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by kidhauler View Post
    Hi Bill,

How has your answer changed since April? See this thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22430

-Dennis-
    That thread is in regards to Australian applications(and before you even say it yes I know G8's are an aussie derivative), as stated in my post please try reading the G8 as there's no reason it shouldn't read out.

The E77/E69 pcm's are odd in that we support many of both but not all of either, need someone to try and read one but it should be able to read without much issue.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    That thread is in regards to Australian applications(and before you even say it yes I know G8's are an aussie derivative), as stated in my post please try reading the G8 as there's no reason it shouldn't read out.

The E77/E69 pcm's are odd in that we support many of both but not all of either, need someone to try and read one but it should be able to read without much issue.
    Thanks for the clarification Bill. Would HPTuners be willing to refund the purchase price if it didn't work?

-Dennis-

Tuner
    Tried earlier on an 09, no dice guys
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 GTO Spice Red A4
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Custom IPC/BCM/CUE
    2013 XTS4 Custom IPC/BCM/CUE Auto High Beams
    2013 Volt Custom IPC/BCM/Radio

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    Tried earlier on an 09, no dice guys
    Damn I was going to post...

A customer of ours offered to bring his vehicle to our chicago office for some testing so I did a little more reasearch & found exactly what I had hoped NOT to find...the 2009 G8 V6 uses the exact same pcm AND operating system as some 2008+ holden V6's utilize 92208169 that we are getting a error at loc 0 failure. I assume thats the exact same error you probably got Chris

In any event we will be taking it down off of our supported page until further notice.

Hopefully once we have our hands on one of these pcm's we'll be able to make sense of why these pcm's aren't reading out.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks for the clarification Bill. Would HPTuners be willing to refund the purchase price if it didn't work?

-Dennis-
    It won't work yet so don't purchase yet

Tuner

A customer of ours offered to bring his vehicle to our chicago office for some testing so I did a little more reasearch & found exactly what I had hoped NOT to find...the 2009 G8 V6 uses the exact same pcm AND operating system as some 2008+ holden V6's utilize 92208169 that we are getting a error at loc 0 failure. I assume thats the exact same error you probably got Chris

In any event we will be taking it down off of our supported page until further notice.

Hopefully once we have our hands on one of these pcm's we'll be able to make sense of why these pcm's aren't reading out.
    Correct
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 GTO Spice Red A4
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Custom IPC/BCM/CUE
    2013 XTS4 Custom IPC/BCM/CUE Auto High Beams
    2013 Volt Custom IPC/BCM/Radio

Well thanks for the answer anyway. Anything we can do to help move it along?
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

Potential Tuner
    Bill, I'm an experienced embedded software guy specializing in communications. Is there any way I can help move this project along?

-Dennis-

If I had a third car I would donate mine

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill, I'm an experienced embedded software guy specializing in communications. Is there any way I can help move this project along?

-Dennis-
    Do you have an E77 pcm you could lend us for a week or two? If not its unlikely you could help

We are pretty sure of the problem but actually need one of the pcm's to make it work.

Potential Tuner
    Do you have an E77 pcm you could lend us for a week or two? If not its unlikely you could help

We are pretty sure of the problem but actually need one of the pcm's to make it work.
    My G8 is a DD. I doubt my employer would be happy with that I hope you find a solution soon.

-Dennis-

Any updates? It would be nice if I could buy HPtuners for both my cars.

Still not supported but still on the supported page?
    I can volunteer my ECM/PCM if needed.
    Last edited by radkon; 06-07-2010 at 01:02 PM.
    2004 Yellow M6
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

Ttt

Tuner in Training
    Are you guys still interested in a donor car? I have a buddy that may be willing to drop his car off to you guys in Chicago.

Tuner in Training
    any luck on the 09 v6 g8 yet?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    don't see it happening, sorry. similar pcm as the 2010/2011 Camaro v6's & 08/09 CTS v6's, we are moving on and as far away from bosch pcm's as possible.