Mods:

Halltech KB Stinger
    NW 102mm TB
    FAST LSXR (untouched)
    RPM (Charlie) Ported/Polished LS7 Heads
    Lethal Z Cam (2nd Gen)
    American Racing Headers w/ High Flow Cats
    Factory Catback

As for the TB, it tuned out perfectly. The ETC Area Scalar I calculated worked perfectly.

Also, this is a direct 100% MAF tune (SD calculations are disabled at anything over 0 rpms). I do NOT rape the PE or IFR tables whatsoever. The MAF transfer is perfectly dialed in from 0 Hz to max Hz. His tunes have always been 100% MAF only, and I proved to myself last night that installing this intake will NOT require much of any, if any at all, modifications to the MAF transfer. His AFR deviated less than 0.0 to 0.2 AFR throughout the entire curve, which is typical error %. Those who are having to modify the AFR after installing this intake apparently do not have their MAF and/or SD calculations right (or injector calibration data set properly, if they changed injectors).

Last edited by RWTD; 08-31-2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I got the "same" results out of it.. I did get a lot more out of a stock ported intake all around... Thought it wasn't a cammed car.

Anyways.. are you sniffing your exhaust this through the tail pipe with dynojet's pump?

One thing I forgot to ask on CF... Was the LSXR ported? At the end of the day, I don't think I can justify spending the money on the LSXR and 102mm TB since eventually I'll have turbos hanging off my engine. I wonder if anybody picks up a worthwhile amount of power on a boosted car with this setup.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yellz06 View Post
    I got the "same" results out of it.. I did get a lot more out of a stock ported intake all around... Thought it wasn't a cammed car.
    This was a huge gain on his car, considering he was nearing the end of his power potential with all N/A. His stock CNC ported intake was no match for the FAST.

Anyways.. are you sniffing your exhaust this through the tail pipe with dynojet's pump?
    Absolutely NOT! That is the most inaccurate method of wideband tuning there is. ALL of my wideband tuning is done with the sensor in a bung "pre-cat". I could never justify what I do nor give my customers such an injustice of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    One thing I forgot to ask on CF... Was the LSXR ported? At the end of the day, I don't think I can justify spending the money on the LSXR and 102mm TB since eventually I'll have turbos hanging off my engine. I wonder if anybody picks up a worthwhile amount of power on a boosted car with this setup.
    Nopers, the FAST was untouched, bud.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Senior Tuner
    Update to 1st post: Mods listed, & tuning explanation.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Senior Tuner
    I'm sorry but that is ALOTA' bananas for one to pay for such meager increases. I would never recommend it to a customer unless they had future FI plans to really take advantage of the increase in power. Interesting to see the results but everyone (ls1tech.com, planetlsx.com, ls1truck.com, corvetteforum.com, ect.) knows this thing is considerably overpriced for the results.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Senior Tuner
    I definitely understand what you're talking about.

However, if you take away the TB, which really isn't needed, I think having those type of gains through the mid-range, and even top-end, is well worth the $1200 range (that includes the install kit from Katech, so you can keep your stock injectors). Just do the install and tuning yourself.
    Formerly known as RWTD

If that is what the LS7 version is doing the LS3/L92 one is not going to put out very much, I bet 10 hp for the same price. Ouch!!!
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post

Absolutely NOT! That is the most inaccurate method of wideband tuning there is. ALL of my wideband tuning is done with the sensor in a bung "pre-cat". I could never justify what I do nor give my customers such an injustice of tuning.

Exactly how I do it. There is absolutely NO WAY to tune the MAF table sniffing through the rear.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Just do the install and tuning yourself.
    Yup more HP/$ for certain! Lol
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com