Thread: GenIII LTFT and STFT upper and lower correction limits!

GenIII LTFT and STFT upper and lower correction limits!

TSIA.

I would really like access to GenIII (heck while asking, later stuff too ) LTFT and STFT upper and lower correction limits.

It would be nice to have or see trigger values for the P0171&P0172 Bank 1 too rich/lean and P0174 & P0175 Bank 2 too rich/lean.

I just thought the correction limits would show up sooner or later but they never have... If I'm dim and they exist with some descriptor that I have not associated, feel free to poke at me!

Thanks.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Good idea. On some of the Vettes you get codes if the LTFT goes -12 or richer.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I *heard* they are around in other editors
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

back up for this one.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I *heard* they are around in other editors
    Thats correct mate. The limits are available in EFI LIVE

If you want them changed I can help you out if you like.
    Email me a bin and what you want them changed to. I'll load the bin file into a PCM, pull it out with EFI LIVE, change the values, flash it back in and pull it out as a bin again.

Has to be an 02-05 512kb file to work with the year models i have on my MPVI though.

PM me for my email address if your keen
    Last edited by macca_779; 10-06-2009 at 11:42 PM.

...just keeping this one in memory! I know it's for an older platform but it would be much appreciated by many...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Same here. Brand "E" and "C" have had those limits for as long as I've used them. Items like that are why I can't do my tuning with just one product. I'm always needing the st/lt fuel trim min/max settings, misc tranny settings, platform control enables (ETC, alternator, hi-low res...), a couple of fueling tables, and the #1 thing I always need to change is traction control timing retard max and min time. It is by far the best way to do timing retard for nitrous. With a stock cal max of 4 seconds you can't use it that way. I've got very good at changing the 4 bytes by hand over the last 2 years. I'll provide the location if someone will add them to the editor.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 02-02-2010 at 11:11 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bluecat we more than likely already have the information but just not the time to add them to all of the LS1 operating systems, if you want them added for a specific os shoot support an email with the file, the request and whatever info you do have and I'll send the request to our head engineer.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    That and proportional fueling controls. Ever watch a bone stock 2010 camaro driving down the road?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Yeah the addition of these values would do wonders! Cause it sucks when an o2 goes bad on a car and it starts pulling 50-100% fuel cause it thinks it's rich and then shuts the car down... I've had my own car do this to me and I was on the interstate and I had to keep the car in PE to keep it going haha. Luckly I keep all my gear with me at all times so I just turned CL off for the time being.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

old, but BTT... Still have to use another editor to get all of this done.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com