Thread: No logging above 105kpa w/3bar enhanced

Tuner

No logging above 105kpa w/3bar enhanced

Well I got the car out on the road and have most of the cruising VE table set. I decided to bring on the boost and the scanner will not log over 105 kpa. I set up the table as described below in the help file, and the MAP 3 bar shows nothing. It is a known good 3 bar map sensor.
    18. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    19. (This step for 1/2/3 bar Speed Density enhancements only) Right-click the "Mass Air Flow(SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing MAF PID, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    20. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Right-click again on the table display cell and select "Insert", go to the Engine -> Airflow section and choose either the "Manifold Air Pressure - 2 bar" or "Manifold Air Pressure - 3 bar" PID, double-click to insert it into the table.
    21. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Save the new scanner configuration using File -> Save Config.
    22. You are now ready to tune using your new enhanced PCM.
    With the Default Imperial, at least I get a reading. Maybe I have a setting wrong, please look them over and see if there is anything obvious that I am missing. Thanks

The Test config is setup as per the help file along with a short Test scan to show the problem. Test A is a short scan using the Default config and at least showing a reading of 105 kpa.
    Last edited by ak95ta; 04-25-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes the car isn't started.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Yea, that was it. Pretty obvious, it was late and I didn't start the car for my neighbors sake. Saw it was reading 0 and just thought it wasn't set right. Thanks Bill!!!!!
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

Tuner
    Question to HPTuners, why is it necessary to delete "Mass Air Flow(SAE)" PID ? Until I delete it, logging above 105KPa doesn't work (although AFR is properly rich so my guess would be it still calculates air flow correctly)
    LS1 383ci 98' FBody, turboed, 00' PCM, 4L80E, 90# FIC injectors
    110ci Nissan 200SX, 25psi, 370whp