Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PCM Tuning on Ecotec

Potential Tuner

PCM Tuning on Ecotec

I am doing an engine swap. Putting a 2003 Ecotec, tranny, computer into my 1995 Cavalier.

I am turbocharing it as well as doing other mods and it would be great to be able to tune this car.

Re: PCM Tuning on Ecotec

This has been brought to everyones attention. The need for 4 cyl GM tuning software is incredible. But it will take time since the V8 and V6 software will come first.
    I do post updates as I get them here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/list.php?f=2

This is a huge market and I think as soon as possible the software will become available..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

yep, we hear ya. The j-body.org thread is unbeleivable.

FWIW, i have had a very preliminary look into how much work it will be to get basic reading/writing functionality - at this stage it looks doable (there are quite a few differences even in the basic comms routines).

Until we develop the base level capability it is very hard to give any possible release dates of a complete flash/editor/scanner package. We will keep you informed as we make progress.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Wow just wow..

All kinds of useless banter in that thread.

One looker for the PCM would be at the Saturn L series PCM. It's MAF and uses a WB02 (Ironically the same one used in the new Te controller). It is supposed to be the same for both the V6 and ECOTEC Saturn, but possibly not the same as the rest of the ECOTEC motors.

Also it would be nice if it also worked for the ION and especially the RedLine, but they are CAN based PCM's and unique again to other ECOTEC vehicles.

BUT if you want pin outs for them hit me up I have all but the RedLine.. not that I couldn't get a photocopy of it from the local Dealer buddy friend of mine..
    -Adam Chant SCdyne Performance "Tune it or lose it!"

Potential Tuner

Is there any news on the Ecotec version of HP Tuners? I am starting a turbo project on a 2003 Sunfire and need to know if this is going to be available soon or if I need to go a different route like a DFI or FAST stand alone unit.

I have seen your LS1 product and it looks great so I was hoping for this product on the Ecotec PCM. Much cheaper and easier than the stand alone route.

Thanks.
    Dale

no further news at this stage.

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

any updates???

something before Christmas is unlikely :-[

We haven't forgotten about you guys, we successfully verified a few technical things last week and are moving forward. We have a lot on the "to-do" list at the moment... :-/

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

has anyone decided who will be the beta testors for the j-bodies?
    i'm just about ready to blow engine #2
    hi.

Potential Tuner

yes there is soo many people on j-body.org that ask about software for our cars. i'm dying to get software for my Ecotec. any ideas when it will be released, if any is to be released. i had my new cams thrown in and now my car hates me for it. i need something to take care of this for me and hopefully you guys can comeout with some software to do it for me and the rest of us at JBO.

Potential Tuner

Chris,

I am ready to step up and help you on this whenever you are ready. We do not yet have a chassis dyno, however, we have access to 2 within an hour's drive.

I have the following vehicles at your disposal in Valencia, CA:
    2005 Cobalt 2.2 Auto
    2005 Cobalt 2.2 Manual
    2005 Cobalt 2.0 SC Manual
    2005 Saturn Ion Redline 2.0 SC Manual
    2005 Aveo 1.6 Manual
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 Eco Manual
    2002 Cavalier 2.4 Auto
    1999 Cavalier 2.4 Manual
    *** 2006 Pontiac Solstice 2.4 TURBO

Additionally, I have access to technical/product support from GM. I just need to know precisely (as detailed as possible) what you need. I am a phone call or email away.

Jim
    Last edited by gravana; 02-10-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by gravana
    Chris,

I am ready to step up and help you on this whenever you are ready. We do not yet have a chassis dyno, however, we have access to 2 within an hour's drive.

I have the following vehicles at your disposal in Valencia, CA:
    2005 Cobalt 2.2 Auto
    2005 Cobalt 2.2 Manual
    2005 Cobalt 2.0 SC Manual
    2005 Saturn Ion Redline 2.0 SC Manual
    2005 Aveo 1.6 Manual
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 Eco Manual
    2002 Cavalier 2.4 Auto
    1999 Cavalier 2.4 Manual

Additionally, I have access to technical/product support from GM. I just need to know precisely (as detailed as possible) what you need. I am a phone call or email away.

Jim

Jim I will give you a call Monday.
    I live in Valencia and I think we should talk.

Regards,
    Ken

Tuner

Ken , I don't mind lending some dyno time especially if it is after hours or on a week end . We are in the Culver city area , not too far from Valencia . Dyno jet 224 with wide band , etc .

- Chris 310-841-6996

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

Jim I will give you a call Monday.
    I live in Valencia and I think we should talk.

Regards,
    Ken
    I am in the middle of moving into my new shop on Ruether behind the Soledad Cyn. Home Depot. 661-251-8881 is teh main #, but we are having problems with SBC, so please be patient. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jim

Potential Tuner

id be the first online with my debit card to purchase so i can begin tuning my 04 cava 2.2 ecotec dohc.. please send an e-mail to [email protected] when this project is complete. Thanks!!!!!

Potential Tuner

Is there any update on the status of this?

Potential Tuner

I just put a Ecotec in the back of my stretched Fiero , I am doing the wiring now with a 2003 caviler harness & ECU , i am interested in the software to tune this engine the people with the marine stand a lone system are claiming 170hp with a stock engine an a larger diameter exhaust system can anyone here tell me about the theif light that is in the gauge cluster I am trying to bypass it, is it a voltage reading back to the ECU

Ok, its been a couple of months now since I visited the forum. (I voted my vin # for initial application) Also where did all the posts about the ecotec go ??? (there used to be a ton of posts in that thread)I remember reading in august that It would probably be ready for beta testing by now. So how far have you guys come? I noticed that over 1130 people have read the current post on ecotecs so I can't believe there is not a market for this application. Have you changed your mind about persuing product developement?

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Am hoping HP Tuners will come out with a tuner package for the L61 Ecotec engine used on 2003 Chevy Cavaliers. I've been reading GM Sport Compact book. They claim you can use a 150 HP nitrous setup if you have forged rods/forged pistons (250HP-400HP section), but nowhere in the book does it tell you how to retard the timing. (The NOS website says that anything over a 50HP jet selection requires higher octane gas and ignition retard, especially if you use the NOSzle setup. The NOS website also recommends not going more than 50% of the rated horsepower output of the stock engine when upgrading to a NOS setup). How GM can claim and/or say this I believe is very misleading. I have Eagle Rods and Wiseco Pistons in my engine, with a ported/polished cylinder head, RSM Crank Pulley, NOS Fogger Nozzle setup (28NOS/16Fuel Jets). RKSport Intake, Iridium Spark Plugs, 255 Liter/hour fuel pump w/8AWG wiring, LT1 Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 6AN supply/return fuel lines, JAZ fuel filter, etc). All of my attempts at researching current electronic means of retarding the timing on my engine using aftermarket boxes (Greddy, etc.) to see if there is anything available has proven futile. For the suspension, I'm using 215/45ZR17 Yokohama AVSES 100 tires, Kazera 17x7 wheels, Eibach Springs, KYB Gas Shocks, RK Sport Front/Rear Strut Tower braces, RK Sport Subframe brace, Prothane Front Lower Control Arm bushings, Prothane Urethane Transmission Mounts, Eibach Front/Rear Sway bar kit, with SSBC Big Brakes Front/Rear w/Stainless Steel Teflon Brake lines and DOT5 brake fluid. My nitrous setup includes Air/Fuel ratio gauge, Boost/Vacuum gauge, Air Intake Temp gauge and EGT gauge.